shane duffy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing i will say about Duffy, he could head a ball something fierce. He may have been 'technically' inferior to Stones in some aspects and a bit slower than Jagielka, but if the ball came into the box, he would, way more likely than not, win it.

Point being....do we even really have one accomplished header in the defence at this point?

Lads. We were told by foxy 3 years ago that Duffy would not make it at Everton.

Can we lock this thread now ffs.

He also said a year ago that Stones would be an established England player within 2yrs.

12 mths ahead of schedule on that one.

The thing us, when he was given a run of about half a dozen games about three years ago he was outstanding.

But then Jags came back from injury and he just disappeared from view.

He wasn't outstanding ffs.

He did well, but he wasn't Bobby Moore.

He wasn't outstanding ffs.

He did well, but he wasn't Bobby Moore.

Be'ave.

He was excellent.

But no matter, even if he only "did well" as you put it, it was enough to put himself in the reckoning for a place in the team.

And many on here at the time opined it was harsh that he was just dropped the minute Jags came back, given how outstanding he had been.

The way he suddenly fell from favour is a mystery.

Letting him go the other week is another mystery as centre back is a position we are very weak in at the moment.

One thing i will say about Duffy, he could head a ball something fierce. He may have been 'technically' inferior to Stones in some aspects and a bit slower than Jagielka, but if the ball came into the box, he would, way more likely than not, win it.

Point being....do we even really have one accomplished header in the defence at this point?

Maybe Stones and Duffy should be our CB pairing at the moment.

He played 2 1/2 games 2 years ago and people reckon he's the next Bobby Moore.

I mean, I like the kid, but FFS, the myth grows every month, already people are saying he played 6 games in a row and shot lightning bolts from his arse.

It's quite simple...the Duffy corner are:

5399805046_0d30e4dd70.jpg

Point being, slower than Jags takes some beating and being inferior to both Jags and Distin on the ball as he was also takes some beating. Short story short, you can't expect to be a top flight centre half being a 1 trick pony anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.