2023/24 Sean Dyche

He's done all that could be reasonably expected from the squad at his disposal.As others have pointed out Carlo the fan favourite relied on clean sheets and nicking the odd goal to get results in which in the end finished up a fairly average season.

He's done all that could be reasonably expected from the squad at his disposal.As others have pointed out Carlo the fan favourite relied on clean sheets and nicking the odd goal to get results in which in the end finished up a fairly average season.
A win vs Sheffield utd will see us collecting a total of 48 points for the season (before deductions). That's 1 point behind Carlo's total of 49 in the 2019/20 season. With this squad, and with the drama that's gone on this season, that's an impressive total under Dyche. I think everyone would have happily taken that at the start of the season after the 2x previous seasons.

To be fair to Dyche he didnt down tools when we lost all those points and he didnt allow the team to feel sorry for themselves and down tools. Shows good man managemnet.
Could you imagine those bottlers at Manchester United going through this?
Most of their players would be crying and posting endless social media posts etc.

The fact that hes got this team through this season with all the crap thats gone on is quite remarkable.

A win vs Sheffield utd will see us collecting a total of 48 points for the season (before deductions). That's 1 point behind Carlo's total of 49 in the 2019/20 season. With this squad, and with the drama that's gone on this season, that's an impressive total under Dyche. I think everyone would have happily taken that at the start of the season after the 2x previous seasons.

It would be a fantastic total and put us at the upper end of the highest expectation of this season which would have been around 10th to 14th.

It does amuse me somewhat that most people seem to think Dyche's future is entirely the club's decision.

He's done a pretty good job this season earning 45 points, likely 48 by the seasons end.

Meanwhile, Everton are a total car crash who most decent managers would avoid like the plague.

What's to say he won't get a better offer from a stable club and bugger off?

I wouldn't blame him.

48 points (should we beat Sheff Utd) is indeed a very good return after the last couple of seasons.

It's what he does in the summer that will be extremely key for me. He needs to have a good summer (in terms of both recruitment & squad prep) if he's to stand any chance going into next season..

48 points (should we beat Sheff Utd) is indeed a very good return after the last couple of seasons.

It's what he does in the summer that will be extremely key for me. He needs to have a good summer (in terms of both recruitment & squad prep) if he's to stand any chance going into next season..
I fear the summer will be quite horrific.

A fire sale is coming.

It does amuse me somewhat that most people seem to think Dyche's future is entirely the club's decision.

He's done a pretty good job this season earning 45 points, likely 48 by the seasons end.

Meanwhile, Everton are a total car crash who most decent managers would avoid like the plague.

I wouldn't blame him.

Even in the situation we are in, this will be Dyches biggest ever job/club. It is likely he will never manage a team remotely near to our standard again.

He's paid 5million a year here, who's paying Sean Dyche that anywhere else...he's one of the best paid managers in the league/world...

I can assure you no other premier league club would look at Sean Dyche, and go, you know what I want a piece of that.

Circumstantially he fits us well currently. IF. and a huge IF, we got a new owner with a remotely decent financial backing, he'd be gone. Potential buyers aren't sinking in hundreds of millions to watch Dyche ball and lounge around the relegation spots.

That withstanding, I do think he's done a fair job considering everything this season, albeit there's a question to be answered of weather he should have been sacked during that horrific run of no win in 4 months...

What does amount of years you have been watching got to do with your level of commitment? Talk about condescending. I'm similar in years of support anyway not that it matters

Also you say I expect more than 2 in 15 but you can always pick specific timeframes from the high majority of teams and say look the manager should be sacked. It is always about the season as a whole and Everton have won 12, have the 4th best defense and second best clean sheet record.

Do I expect at some point next season Everton to struggle and go on a winless run again and the football to be negative. yes! But that's football and teams lose form in the season and we don't have a good enough squad whoever you put in the dugout to change that.

Even Carlo couldn't get us to play free flowing football and we won most games 1-0.
To patronisingly say "if you want fancy stuff go support Barca/City", when at no point I have stated Dyche must play tika-taka otherwise hes gone. It's almost like well if you have any ambition then go support a team being succesful and discard your loyalty of which most of the time has been negative experiences. Years of support matters because it gives context to what the expectations would be and it by saying go support someone else that's an insult. You can surely see how that comes across condescending?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with asking for some progression. Nobody expects us to start playing magical football, but there has been PLENTY this season when we've been lumping it, and it hasn't worked, there has to be a plan B. I have some sympathy for Dyche because our recruitment has been horrendous. and the lack of varied options is baffling, but has Dyche asked for players who can fit into one plan A? or have we just diregarded having different styles available to us?

As i've said multiple times, I do not wish or expect Dyche to be sacked. I dont expect miracles with what is a very, very dire attacking front three or four. However progress has to be made, many times this season plan A hasn't worked and there is no answer for it. There have been plenty of times this season where Dyche has got it right and the players have let him down through missing chances. There have been times this season where he has got it horrendously wrong and has no plan B to change it.

Asking for improvement is not unreasonable. My ask is just "do not go on a 15 game awful run in wihch one of the wins only comes because of a major keeper error)". Just because a management team/players have "overall" done well with a season, which cannot have been easy mentally, doesn't mean we can't ask for some improvement in certain areas. I think we've been relatively lucky that our points deductions have come in a season where the bottom three have been as weak as they have been, 12 points we've taken from Burnley and Forest, had they been stronger we'd perhaps have half of that, maybe less

. An example of what I would hope for, do you remember back to that Luton game? Where we had absolutely no answer to break down a low block? No plan B. Progression for us next season would be to approach those type of games with a bit more imagination and prepardness than just lump into the box and hope for the best.

While I have my criticisms of Dyche, there is no anti-dyche agenda from me, for the negatives I've pointed out, he has stepped out of perhaps a comfort zone by trusting Branthwaite, and by doing so, he and Tarkowski have been immense this season. When you dont have a team keeping the ball, the defence comes under wave after wave of pressure, and both CB's have been outstanding. How we have hte fourth/fifth best defence in the league when we play the way we do, and the fullbacks have been chopped and changed so regularly, god knows.

Just some progression, both as a team and how we play is all I ask. Must have several ways to break teams down and just do the basics of keeping the ball. We massively rely on Set pieces, how many goals from open play this season? Not many? Right there would be a progressive thing to start creating more from open play and putting them away.

Even in the situation we are in, this will be Dyches biggest ever job/club. It is likely he will never manage a team remotely near to our standard again.

He's paid 5million a year here, who's paying Sean Dyche that anywhere else...he's one of the best paid managers in the league/world...

I can assure you no other premier league club would look at Sean Dyche, and go, you know what I want a piece of that.

Circumstantially he fits us well currently. IF. and a huge IF, we got a new owner with a remotely decent financial backing, he'd be gone. Potential buyers aren't sinking in hundreds of millions to watch Dyche ball and lounge around the relegation spots.

That withstanding, I do think he's done a fair job considering everything this season, albeit there's a question to be answered of weather he should have been sacked during that horrific run of no win in 4 months...

That line speaks it all for me.

He's done a fair job, absolutely bang on. Not great, not bad, very fair. There was the question of 4 months run, which again, was a FAIR question.

Obviously, being able to motivate the players and get the better of Forest, Liverpool and Brentford in one week, answered that question.

This summer is going to be very tough both for him, the club and us as supporters. We have no cash flow, odds are Branthwaite and Onana will be sold, so how much of that gets put into the club balance, how much gets re-invested into teh squad, how much of that goes onto the debts we're amassing?

Onana, while a talented footballer, for me isn't going to be a massive loss to the team. Dyche doesnt like him, which I understand why as hes so casual and doesn't really work hard for the team. Branthwaite is the one we are going to suffer from losing.

I wouldn't blame him.

He might,

but most likely Everton will be the biggest job of his career, he has been put into a box of how his teams play, which is his own fault. Alot of clubs won't touch him for that. You can look at it the other way though, if it doesn't work out then it's ebcause the club is a horrow show and it's not down to the manager. I think Lampard started peddling a little bit of that recently. Dyche probably has nothing to lose really, he's kept us up twice and if we were to go down next season well he can claim his hands have been tied etc (which may be somewhat true to a degree).

If he was to achieve something with Everton, perhaps somehow getting a top 10 finish after this absolute horror show of a clubs board management, perhaps some clubs will look at him if they're requiring stability.

I wouldn't blame him.
I have said this before and agree that it is a risk.

I think his reputation as a manager has taken a huge boost this season, for keeping us safe and for how he handled the entire season with a small and limited squad.

It will all depend on where the club really stands financially. If he sees no future apart from constantly battling relegation and further future points deduction then he may well leave for a different project.

If however he can see that gradually things can improve and that we have already hit rock bottom then he may stay.