2023/24 Sean Dyche

I just watched a clip of Ashley Young talking to Carragher. Young reaffirms the players are behind the manager.

I buy it and as much as I want continuity at the club, the football under Dyche by and large has been a bitter pill to swallow
and we did go from mid December to 6th April without a win (and just 3 home wins all season to that point as well) we can't go through
that again.

The players have to take a lot of the blame too. While Dyche can be cut some slack for everything he's had to deal with since walking through
the door, and getting us over the line for a second season, he's got to move up a gear next season. He really has.

I just watched a clip of Ashley Young talking to Carragher. Young reaffirms the players are behind the manager.

I buy it and as much as I want continuity at the club, the football under Dyche by and large has been a bitter pill to swallow
and we did go from mid December to 6th April without a win (and just 3 home wins all season to that point as well) we can't go through
that again.

The players have to take a lot of the blame too. While Dyche can be cut some slack for everything he's had to deal with since walking through
the door, and getting us over the line for a second season, he's got to move up a gear next season. He really has.
He’s staying. Give him some athletic wingers who can actually beat a man 1v1 and truly play on the counter and see what happens. Slug ball without an airtight defense won’t cut it, and with Branthwaite likely on the way out we won’t be as solid next year.

He’s staying. Give him some athletic wingers who can actually beat a man 1v1 and truly play on the counter and see what happens. Slug ball without an airtight defense won’t cut it, and with Branthwaite likely on the way out we won’t be as solid next year.
I can’t see him leaving this summer at all. Even with new owners I can’t imagine they would consider sacking him after keeping us up with an 8 point deduction.

We deffo need more pace and creativity up top and I’ve no doubt we’ll be ok defensively. Just have to find a decent replacement for Branthwaite when he goes.

Holgate is on the biggest contract he will ever be offered so the club is stuck with him until it ends. Another loan with Everton covering most of the wages I suspect.

Will be very disappointed if we can't get a few Mil for Maupay. He did OK ish for Brentford.
Yeah he's definitely here until his contract end

Maupay at one point was definitely nailed on for a perm transfer to Brentford, but im sure he's fallen out of favour there now, and isnt getting minutes, I wouldn't be surprised to see him loaned out as well, I bet initially he's playing in pre season though - I hope we don't start another season with him as a lone striker

Could've looked different out wide if we'd have got Elanga or Gnonto like we wanted this season.

that again.

He's obviously not going anywhere this summer, but I just hope that the club doesn't extend his contract.

Oh God yes please.

The meltdown the United fans would have would melt the North Pole.
Screenshot 2024-05-09 121811.png

When it’s all said and done, I think it’s unfair to judge him based on this season. He started the season with Neal Freakin Maupay and F all and we were creating lots of chances. We got some guys in and picked it up, then the points deduction hit which dragged on for months. He still survived quite comfortably despite the injustice of it all, and for that I put an asterisk on this one.

The bad: Loony Toons defending to start the year. It wasn’t even goals allowed so much as giving away crucial goals consistently. He also persisted with Ashley Young as a starter. Huge mistake. And the massive lull was noticeable. Can’t keep happening.

He needs to establish an identity early next season and build some consistency until we can get the ownership and stadium sorted. Good luck

Can you imagine his press conference yes Antony and Sancho are back on the grass putting in the hard yards, but Sean why are you not playing any youth players? Listen I put a team out who I think will win a football match, we need to change the noise around this place.

Sean in the transfer market you have resigned Ashley Young, why was that?
Ash is a top professional who puts the hard yards in

that again.

Is that next gear finishing in top ten or just near it. Because that squad he has now for me is easily top 10 outfit.