2023/24 Sean Dyche

I just watched a clip of Ashley Young talking to Carragher. Young reaffirms the players are behind the manager.

I buy it and as much as I want continuity at the club, the football under Dyche by and large has been a bitter pill to swallow
and we did go from mid December to 6th April without a win (and just 3 home wins all season to that point as well) we can't go through
that again.

The players have to take a lot of the blame too. While Dyche can be cut some slack for everything he's had to deal with since walking through
the door, and getting us over the line for a second season, he's got to move up a gear next season. He really has.
He’s not going to say live on TV the players have had enough of Dyche’s dog and duck football, especially when he’s probably hoping for a new deal

…it won’t happen but I’d not be surprised if a top club was interested in Dyche. Give him quality players and I can see him doing a fine job, it’s vital we keep him at the club.
Well they haven’t Been interested for 12yrs, so why would they start now. I have mates who’re Utd fans and say the football now is terrible. It can’t be as bad as watching Everton .
There’s no way in a million years they look at a dyche

Well they haven’t Been interested for 12yrs, so why would they start now. I have mates who’re Utd fans and say the football now is terrible. It can’t be as bad as watching Everton .
There’s no way in a million years they look at a dyche

….the point I’m making is give him quality and I’m sure his teams will be very watchable. Even with our squad, the football was decent before the points deduction and off-field issues started to impact. There’s a stereotypical view of Dyche and a certain amount of snobbery but I’m sure he’s a top manager.

…it won’t happen but I’d not be surprised if a top club was interested in Dyche. Give him quality players and I can see him doing a fine job, it’s vital we keep him at the club.

Would be interesting to see what he could do with some decent attackers on top of that defence. How many times where we bemoaning Beto or DCl missing an open goal or Harrison or McNeil misplacing that final pass. Doesn’t take much for those to turn into goals, into wins, and a virtuous circle of confidence and form starts. We’ve seen how good Dyche’s teams can be when confident, in form, and on a run.

Would be interesting to see what he could do with some decent attackers on top of that defence. How many times where we bemoaning Beto or DCl missing an open goal or Harrison or McNeil misplacing that final pass. Doesn’t take much for those to turn into goals, into wins, and a virtuous circle of confidence and form starts. We’ve seen how good Dyche’s teams can be when confident, in form, and on a run.

…exactly. Even at Man City I noticed us breaking down the right and we had 4 players in the box. Inevitably, the move broke down and the cross didn’t come in but I remember thinking ‘if only we had better quality’. I think there was a goal we scored with 20+ passes.

Didn't really want him , thought he did pretty well considering then we fell of a cliff but whatever happened post Chelsea (and something definitely did ) he turned the corner Again .

Dyche had earned the right to keep his job , I found a lot of it frustrating but the job he’s in must be pretty much impossible to navigate .

….the point I’m making is give him quality and I’m sure his teams will be very watchable. Even with our squad, the football was decent before the points deduction and off-field issues started to impact. There’s a stereotypical view of Dyche and a certain amount of snobbery but I’m sure he’s a top manager.
it was terrible to watch, what was enjoyable? About it.
And top clubs and clubs with ambition like Villa appointing Emery when dyche was available. The people running them clubs know, dyche ball, basically survival football is not a recipe for success and won’t wash with the fans.

Top manager?! lol

Could be applied to 90% of the entire league.
The dyche fans, seem to forget this, just off the top of my head, Fulham missed a couple of sitters in the 0-0. Palace had better chances at goodison, Villa also should have beat us at goodison. Newcastle should have been 3 or 4 up before they gifted us that penalty. Forest had 2 good chances. And the 3 chances Liverpool missed in that 10 min spell before half time, some of our fans would be calling them open goals from 2 yards, if we’d had them chances

The dyche fans, seem to forget this, just off the top of my head, Fulham missed a couple of sitters in the 0-0. Palace had better chances at goodison, Villa also should have beat us at goodison. Newcastle should have been 3 or 4 up before they gifted us that penalty. Forest had 2 good chances. And the 3 chances Liverpool missed in that 10 min spell before half time, some of our fans would be calling them open goals from 2 yards, if we’d had them chances
Isn’t that just this league in general. City, Arsenal and the rs give teams chances every single game. They are the 3 best teams by a county mile in this league. Yeah we got lucky in those games, just like wolves and Fulham etc go lucky against us that we missed numerous chances.

Isn’t that just this league in general. City, Arsenal and the rs give teams chances every single game. They are the 3 best teams by a county mile in this league. Yeah we got lucky in those games, just like wolves and Fulham etc go lucky against us that we missed numerous chances.
Yes I agree, it’s just some of dyche’s biggest supporters on here only mention our misses and if we had two better attackers,
We’d be top 7