2023/24 Sean Dyche

I think next season will be just as difficult as this mate, possibly more so, depending upon recruitment and players leaving. Assuming we don't repeat the winless run, and the next points deduction isn't 8 points, and Dom doesn't go 897 games without scoring again, it's easy to think we could be knocking top 8. However it depends on who we buy/sell imo. Onana going I think we could take, but Pickford and/or Branthwaite going puts a whole new spin on things in terms of our final position.

Then there are the players out of contract, and as poor as some of them are individually, they are currently part of a fairly cohesive unit that has done more than enough to stay up. Do we ship them all out and hope to replace? Given the (lack of) funds available are replacements even realistic? Or maybe get rid of a few and extend the odd contract by a year? I wouldn't be surprised if we have an even thinner squad unless we unearth some gems for minimal outlay, or a couple of kids break through.

He'll thin the squad because our financial situation demands it. He had a thin squad at Burnley too so he's been on this ride before.

I think some confuse "we're not Burnley" with "financially we're exactly like Burnley" pre takeover.