2023/24 Sean Dyche

We can be linked with 100’s of talented attacking young players,
But I’m only interested in buying them which we didn’t.

So if youre the DOF and Im the CEO.

You come to me with a list of 10 players that you want to bring in ranging from 'expensive' to 'cheap'.

I then tell you "your budget is negative £50mil"

The following window all 10 of the players on the list you presented double in value.

Who is to blame?

That bit seems bit harsh. Isnt it about where you end up? Which would currently be 19 points away from it?
I think it's quite reasonable to have questions after a run of 2 wins in 15 mate, which one of those wins was a "fluke" goal with DCL closing down Muric. Like I've said, he's probably the best we could have done at the time and even now, but he has to improve. We cannot go on a run of 2W in 15 next season. We've done well results wise against the lower end teams, we've been fortunate that the bottom 3 have been absolute garbo.

i'm not calling for his head at all, but he must improve. I dont want another year, the final year of goodison going and knowing how dreadful we will play, how little passing we'll do, and how much lump it forward and hope it sticks.

He’s could have got himself sacked this season. Despite the common claim there is no one to sack him, an acting board is still a board. And the owner is part of it now.

Just taking his foot off the gas after another piece of bad news came in, or another twist in the ownership debacle showing next season is also looking grim. Could have dropped a few digs about the clubs owner or general governance. I do think he could have made his own position untenable. He’d have been able to negotiate taking the majority of his payoff (maybe reduced due to behaviour or refusal to sign an NDA) and his reputation as a manager would remain clean. He could easily spin it that he was doing a great job under ridiculous circumstances, and he’d be corrcect. Has comments from a number of senior players saying how great he is.

I’m not keen on him saying a few times “this wasn’t the job I was sold.” But I do respect that he’s dug in and pulled it off somehow, when he could have escaped with his reputation intact. It is what you’d expect for someone on that salary, total commitment. But plenty of managers would have politely caved and walked away. The club gave him infinite excuses he could use. He’d only get another firefighting job, but I like that he hasn’t been scared off by the lunacy that surrounds the club every single day.

There was a honeymoon period granted to him last season, given he was following Lampard, and the team’s performances were an improvement in the early part of the season, but I would hope in this last half a season, he is now aware of the supporters demand for better football. This is not Burnley regardless of how ‘down in our luck’ we are. Budget dependant (even if there is one), but this summer is crucial

Doing what I wanted him to do and that’s steady the ship. Can’t go 13 games without a wing again though. Definitely wouldn’t extend his contract and just let him hopefully secure a mid table finish next season. We can then look for a new manger for the first season in bramley Moore.

….glad he’s making his true feelings known;

IMG_8764.jpeg

Doing what I wanted him to do and that’s steady the ship. Can’t go 13 games without a wing again though. Definitely wouldn’t extend his contract and just let him hopefully secure a mid table finish next season. We can then look for a new manger for the first season in bramley Moore.
No wing, no prayer.

I'm still amazed at how many in here want him gone. Football fans are as fickle as the day is long though. West Ham lot have basically ousted Moyes. And Spurs fans now think Ange is no longer the new messiah. Some on talksh*te earlier wanting him gone ! The mind literally boggles. As for Dyche, he's performed wonders, that run of no wins was below par however add the points back in, change some losses to wins and draws and we're knocking on top 8 easily.

I'm still amazed at how many in here want him gone. Football fans are as fickle as the day is long though. West Ham lot have basically ousted Moyes. And Spurs fans now think Ange is no longer the new messiah. Some on talksh*te earlier wanting him gone ! The mind literally boggles. As for Dyche, he's performed wonders, that run of no wins was below par however add the points back in, change some losses to wins and draws and we're knocking on top 8 easily.
Yes and those wins and draws would have happened if only we'd had a half competent striker.

I think next season will be just as difficult as this mate, possibly more so, depending upon recruitment and players leaving. Assuming we don't repeat the winless run, and the next points deduction isn't 8 points, and Dom doesn't go 897 games without scoring again, it's easy to think we could be knocking top 8. However it depends on who we buy/sell imo. Onana going I think we could take, but Pickford and/or Branthwaite going puts a whole new spin on things in terms of our final position.

Then there are the players out of contract, and as poor as some of them are individually, they are currently part of a fairly cohesive unit that has done more than enough to stay up. Do we ship them all out and hope to replace? Given the (lack of) funds available are replacements even realistic? Or maybe get rid of a few and extend the odd contract by a year? I wouldn't be surprised if we have an even thinner squad unless we unearth some gems for minimal outlay, or a couple of kids break through.