2023/24 Sean Dyche

I get a lot of flack from Everton friends for this but he falls in the Bruce/Hughs bucket of managers for me.
He's doing ok and his hands are tied so not really sure what can be done about it. Just hope that if we do survive, whoever runs the club at the time wont be blinded by relief and unwilling to make a change.

i wouldn’t be begging your hopes up mate

and even being in this league

What’s garner going to do pushed forward, yes doucoure is missing. But he could have done something different. There’s good Chance imo young plays RW at Fulham and Harrison plays behind DCL. But he could have done that v Luton, but he won’t start danjuma or dobbin

Yes not at all adventurous.

He’s in a no lose situation currently with all the off field points deduction crap, zero funds for any signings and the ownership issue still floating around because the PL cba with us.

Until that’s all sorted he’s the only one really blameless and actually fronting it out for us.

Tbf I think he’s done a decent job - we should be mid table and clear.

I still have issues with his tactics and squad rotation, which may come back to bite us on the bum - dobbin and Danjuma should have started more games.

I think his pragmatism and stubbornness has been helping, but it may be his undoing long term, especially over team selection, tactics and subs.

Just think even with we the 10 points still there our current losses would have wiped them out.

Needs to get that fight back in the side that we had for a month or so. They look flat. But maybe the worlds against us thing will only last so long.
Still runs the first 11 who have been picked into the ground when the opposition have put fresh legs on 25 minutes earlier.

I can’t help but think it’s our midfield issues that’s causing this. No Doucs primarily but also no Gana. If we had Gana then either him or Garner could slip into the Doucs role disrupting play. When we miss both there isn’t a third option that allows this. Gomes can’t do it and neither can anyone else. This has proved a huge problem and I think it is responsible for our drop in form. I also think that DCL needs to go. He’s like Iwobi in my opinion. In the side he limits our style of play and setup. Until he goes we will remain in this rut. We need something different and I doubt Beto is it, he is the same again.

He’s in a no lose situation currently with all the off field points deduction crap, zero funds for any signings and the ownership issue still floating around because the PL cba with us.

Until that’s all sorted he’s the only one really blameless and actually fronting it out for us.

I still have issues with his tactics and squad rotation, which may come back to bite us on the bum - dobbin and Danjuma should have started more games.

I think his pragmatism and stubbornness has been helping, but it may be his undoing long term, especially over team selection, tactics and subs.

So in summary you think he's crap but reckon we are stuck with him?

Some lads think that even though Dyche has us midtable (points deduction not his fault at all), he should be sacked, and Everton, who are borrowing money to stay afloat, are going to hire a manager who can play a possession based style of football to go on a run that only Dyche has shown us is possible (4 games in a row for the first time since 2002) with a thin squad of players who are basket cases, and crumble under the pressure of our story for the past 3 years. It's just not going to happen. Dyche could get 0 from the next 3 and still shouldn't go. Everton are beyond a new manager saving them. I haven't even mentioned the possibility of a second pts deduction.

Some lads think that even though Dyche has us midtable (points deduction not his fault at all), he should be sacked, and Everton, who are borrowing money to stay afloat, are going to hire a manager who can play a possession based style of football to go on a run that only Dyche has shown us is possible (4 games in a row for the first time since 2002) with a thin squad of players who are basket cases, and crumble under the pressure of our story for the past 3 years. It's just not going to happen. Dyche could get 0 from the next 3 and still shouldn't go. Everton are beyond a new manager saving them. I haven't even mentioned the possibility of a second pts deduction.

madness innit mate

The squad rotation really bothers me. With such a small squad until injured players return, it's more important than ever to keep our senior players fresh. Why not give Hunt, Onyango and Dobbin more minutes in cup games (well in retrospect) and in substitute appearances. Why even have them on the squad if Dyche is afraid to play them? Are they simply just not good enough? And how do we really know if they've not been given minutes in meaningful games? An infusion of a hungry young player into a squad can breathe some new life, give the young lads a chance. If Dyche shows some confidence in them, perhaps he will reap some reward. If we look leggy tomorrow vs. Fulham, the point will have been made by his refusal to make more subs. At least Chermiti got a chance Saturday.