2023/24 Sean Dyche

Id actually prefer our style to citys theres bores me to death

Am i the only one who thinks its actully quite exiting and have plenty of chances?

I'd prefer to have more chances than possession.

Citeh often give you both, however.

Historically a counter-attacking side wouldn't necessary press as much as we do that far up the pitch.

It creates a lot of high value chances without sacrificing too much shape.

I find it a bit strange not having much possession every game, we also seem defensive and yet we create a reasonable amount of chances each game.
Not strange at all. If we press high and recover the ball higher up the pitch, it’s less distance towards goal and so much easier to break open an unprepared defence.
People tend to overlook the benefits of high press but in reality it’s the easiest way to score goals for a team with lesser technical qualities as the hurdles are very much reduced.

Id actually prefer our style to citys theres bores me to death

Am i the only one who thinks its actully quite exiting and have plenty of chances?
Spot on mate.

I can't stand the dominant view that every football fan yearns for tippy tappy, pass the opposition to death, walk the ball in football.

I'm really enjoying watching us at the moment.

Spot on mate.

I can't stand the dominant view that every football fan yearns for tippy tappy, pass the opposition to death, walk the ball in football.

I'm really enjoying watching us at the moment.

Football is like music - everyone has different tastes and there's no right or wrong.

There are people in the world who pay to go and see Coldplay live, for instance.

I don't particularly like listening to music which sucks the life out of an empty room, and equally I don't enjoy watching football which is slow, methodical and atmosphere-killing. That isn't to say there isn't skill in either of them, but it isn't to my tastes

Only when I CRUSH all the pissbabies pal. Working on it one by one.
fainting-goat-8.gif