2023/24 Sean Dyche

No turning points i don't think. Getting people to believe in their own ability and then the ability of others takes time and vast amounts of work.

This is a massive lesson in hard work and understanding what the players available are actually capable of not what you wish they were capable of.

For me it looks like he has a philosophy of pragmatism based on what he actually has and designs a team around it. Proving far more versatile than having a set philosophy of 'we must always play' even if quite clearly the tools aren't there to do it.

Masterclass in management I think. Yeah its not pretty at times and their will be bumps in the road but we have to remember just how hopeless we were. This has been a gigantic effort to get where we are.

I’m not really sure why I’ve been called out here tbh.

Anyway I’ll do a Dyche post real quick. It’s still not the style of football I’d pick but I really appreciate that for the first time in a long time we’ve had a manager not overreact to bad results when we did the right things in a set of matches and didn’t catch breaks. It’s encouraging and I honestly believe if we can find a more dynamic winger or two we’ve got a team that can really do something.

Does he have a background in footy because the arrogant little chode has been appearing in all my feeds, trying to avoid looking at them so he doesn't poison my algorithms

Nah he does the Sky Sports Saturday socials and all that stuff. Was in Eastenders as a kid. Just an idiot Chelsea fan known for his wild and bad takes.

This was last Summer when City signed Haaland.

My biggest praise for Dyche is the guy goes for wins. He may take his foot off the gas after going a goal up and drive everyone crazy, but he more often than not will try to take the 3 points. Even if we are abysmal on the day he will often try. If you want to evolve into a top half club, you have to be efficient. Draws are the cowards way out to a miserable finish.

Id actually prefer our style to citys theres bores me to death

Am i the only one who thinks its actully quite exiting and have plenty of chances?
I find it a bit strange not having much possession every game, we also seem defensive and yet we create a reasonable amount of chances each game.