Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Germany game was Gerrards first goal, and around his 4th cap, he was mainly sub from 20-22. Ross has played well and scored for England. He was stand out against Spain and Italy.

No way am I saying Ross will be better, we will have to wait and see. But what he has done, is comparable to those that Sky have listed him with.

OMG... so Gerrard was "mainly a sub" that game was not his 4th cap. And he still played in that match.... ross has been playing well for England? Played so well that he didn't get a minute in the euros and is now dropped from the squad and is looking like he should be dropped from Everton too.

No he didn't. He had the Sunderland half and the Bournemouth game. He was decent to good in all the others, hence ALL the media saying he was in great form and Sam made a mistake dropping him.

The media? These people will have you believe that Wilshire is the man England should build their team around... I have been to games and then read the reports the next day and can't believe who got nan of the match... it's always the most famous player in the team... the amount of time Rooney got MOM in the papers when he played badly wasn't even funny. I remember the game at Pompey when he thought he got sent off... he scored the winner..that's all he did that day.. yet MOM he was.

this might sound hair-brained but he should get a run on under-23 squad to just accrue some confidence and regain his familiarity with the basics.

I feel he just needs a brief hiatus to properly recalibrate.

Stats don't prove how he plays over 90 minutes. He might make 2 assists in a game and have the highest passing % but could still make errors and give 2 goals away. He can still go missing for large parts of the game, not pick men up at corners, not track back etc. A player is judge don performance, not stats.

Stats don't tell the whole story... remember when ferguson sold van nistlroy? He dropped him for the league cup final... he had scored 24 goals upto January .... but ferguson thought he needed dropping because he wasnt contributing enough else where... he was sold ... and Man U got stronger ... now that's 24 goals FROM A STRIKER... that's his job ... ross doesn't not score enough to make up for the fact he lets anyone walk past him and miss pace the ball and set up opposition attacks by giving hem posession in dangerous areas

Not at 22 he was not, he was a squad player with loads of potential, coming in at times and playing well, with Roy Keane and world class wingers and strikers around him.

Again, you are comparing a 28/29 year old Scholes with 22 year old Ross, its completely unfair.

Scholes only got a call up for England at 23.

He was not a squad player... not in the prem anyway.

Age 20... 17 apps
Age 21.... 26apps
Age 22 .... 24 apps
Age 23.... 31 apps

These are just in the league .

OMG... so Gerrard was "mainly a sub" that game was not his 4th cap. And he still played in that match.... ross has been playing well for England? Played so well that he didn't get a minute in the euros and is now dropped from the squad and is looking like he should be dropped from Everton too.
Form means nothing for England
Barkley had a much better season last year than sterling & lallana yet they play 3 out 4 games in the Euros. England have been shocking for 20yrs it's all about who plays for media darling clubs.
Henderson I can't remember one good game for England yet has over 30 caps no goals and the only assist I can remember was a corner
Do you really think that if Ross was at Utd or Liverpool, he would have only started 6/7 games in 3yrs

.....RK has stated his players are having difficulty playing his 'energetic' style of football. This must be a particular change for Barkley after being given no real responsibility by previous regime when the opposition has the ball.

this might sound hair-brained but he should get a run on under-23 squad to just accrue some confidence and regain his familiarity with the basics.

Not so sure, Barkley seems to suffer from brittle confidence and this sort of demotion would surely impact on him negatively. Maybe a bench role for a while and given c.25 minute game changing cameos if we needed him.

Not so sure, Barkley seems to suffer from brittle confidence and this sort of demotion would surely impact on him negatively. Maybe a bench role for a while and given c.25 minute game changing cameos if we needed him.
Most young player suffer with brittle confidence
In Barkleys case his confidence is based around everything he does on the pitch. He does something well his backers applaud him, he does something wrong the haters are on his back, and when this happens a couple of times you can see his confidence visibly shrink.
His haters need to realise he is a good player but he isn't a Pirlo or Innesta, if he was he wouldn't be with us.

Give the lad the same breaks as some of our under performing players get

Most young player suffer with brittle confidence
In Barkleys case his confidence is based around everything he does on the pitch. He does something well his backers applaud him, he does something wrong the haters are on his back, and when this happens a couple of times you can see his confidence visibly shrink.
His haters need to realise he is a good player but he isn't a Pirlo or Innesta, if he was he wouldn't be with us.

Give the lad the same breaks as some of our under performing players get

If he's still suffering with brittle confidence after 3 seasons as a regular in the first team then there could be an issue there. He's now a senior player, whether we want to admit it or not.

If he's still suffering with brittle confidence after 3 seasons as a regular in the first team then there could be an issue there. He's now a senior player, whether we want to admit it or not.
Even a hardened pro would struggle with some of the reactions he receives from the home support

Or have his notoriously fragile self-belief destroyed completely. Think he needs to be shipped out to Brighton, more his level

The media? These people will have you believe that Wilshire is the man England should build their team around... I have been to games and then read the reports the next day and can't believe who got nan of the match... it's always the most famous player in the team... the amount of time Rooney got MOM in the papers when he played badly wasn't even funny. I remember the game at Pompey when he thought he got sent off... he scored the winner..that's all he did that day.. yet MOM he was.

Got your players mixed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.