Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to get him back in the team, he looked like he could make things happen. Barry has nearly three years left on his deal but is finished.

He looked a lot sharper and hopefully he'll perk up a bit. He made one mistake where he the ball went under his feet but he made a nice run and was passing it around nicely. He could get more of that confidence against Leicester.
I hope Barry's last two years are in a coaching role or something. I couldn't take another 3 games with him never mind 3 years. It was like playing against 12 men last night with him in the second half. Just gave it away constantly.

It must have been difficult for our midfield yeaterday. Barrys legs look gone and is making loads of mistakes, Besic still hasn't got a full 90 mins in him while he is coming to terms with this league, and McCarthy hasn't played for about a month. Barkley has been below par but IMO not crap just not as good as we know he can be. Hopefully his successful cameo yesterday will give him a bit more confidence and give the fans a respite from moaning at him.

Looked hungry when he came on. Dropping him was the right thing to do and will hopefully mean he'll realise he has to work hard and prove he's worthy of a starting place. Yesterday was a small step towards that.

Some of our fans are blerts though. Two behind me were fuming when it looked like he was coming on in the first half and had another fume when he actually came on. Two good passes later and I turned and gave them a smug look. How they think shouting at a young lad telling him how shoite he is even before he comes on will help beats me.

The fans have to get behind Barkley now, he's had a break but I'm sure any confidence gained from that cameo is fragile.

We can't expect him to be Naismith defensively or in energy overnight but Martinez does need to get him to improve that area but booing isn't helping.

Ross has a lot of pressure on his shoulders and you can see he's struggled with the pressure and his performances have dropped. Ross is our Gerrard but ATM Ross isn't able to carry the team like Gerrard has in the past for the RS. He's still young and inexperienced. He will be a world beater we just need to give him time.

Taking him out was a great move by the manager, the performances have improved and hopefully he will feel less pressure and start to shine again

Definitely time to get him back in the team, the little spell on the sidelines will have done him good, possibly exactly what he needed! I hope starts at Chelsea

Looked hungry when he came on. Dropping him was the right thing to do and will hopefully mean he'll realise he has to work hard and prove he's worthy of a starting place. Yesterday was a small step towards that.

Some of our fans are blerts though. Two behind me were fuming when it looked like he was coming on in the first half and had another fume when he actually came on. Two good passes later and I turned and gave them a smug look. How they think shouting at a young lad telling him how shoite he is even before he comes on will help beats me.
You're never going to get 100% agreement on most things in football. Doubtless there'll be a number at the NOu Camp who give Messi stick.

TBF he created more in his spoell on the pitch , and we finally pushed on to score, my midfield tro would be McCarthy, Besic, and RB - Barry has to be benched - never taken off always booked -so slow!

Those 2 key passes he made in his little cameo to both Coleman and Lennon is what we need from him more often when he plays at 10. We know he can beat men and as a great shot, but we lack a player that can open stubborn teams up with a through ball and he produced 2 crackers last night.

Naismith offers great work rate and runs in behind Rom and gives us a goal threat but he can't take on and beat men like Barkley can, and those 2 passes last night, Nasiy wouldn't of even thought of them, let alone done em!

Maybe it's time to give Naismith a breather and give Barkley a chance to regain some form and make a difference for us in final third, and with Lennon in the team, his pace and willingness to get in behind could make us more of a threat going forward as we've been a bit lacklustre in attack of late.

TBF he created more in his spoell on the pitch , and we finally pushed on to score, my midfield tro would be McCarthy, Besic, and RB - Barry has to be benched - never taken off always booked -so slow!

This. McCarthy, Besic and Barkley is the way forward!

Barry was terrible last night. Gave silly, cheap free kicks away, gave the ball away a lot, tried passes that weren't on which half of time put us in sh!t. For some reason though, Martinez will not drop him?!

It won't happen this season, but next season we have to go with McCarthy, Besic & Barkley as our midfield 3!

I'd have liked to have seen him on five/10 mins earlier yesterday but I can understand why he wasn't brought on, as it did leave us exposed and they would probably have split us open.

I'd have liked to have seen him on five/10 mins earlier yesterday but I can understand why he wasn't brought on, as it did leave us exposed and they would probably have split us open.
There was nothing in the previous 80 minutes to suggest that the RS could have split Garston Woodcutters open though.

Status
Not open for further replies.