Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was nothing in the previous 80 minutes to suggest that the RS could have split Garston Woodcutters open though.

There were gaps when Barks came on though mate. I'd have liked to have seen him o 70ish, but I can understand the thinking in leaving it late

Personally i'd start the same team on Wednesday - Baines for Oviedo if he's fit, and possibly Lennon for Kev. Then have Mirallas and Barks to bring on.

There were gaps when Barks came on though mate. I'd have liked to have seen him o 70ish, but I can understand the thinking in leaving it late
Those gaps had appeared when Besic was taken off, not because Barkley came on. Withdrawing Besic and putting on the extra CB gave them free rein to push up our left side, as Can subsequently did throughout the last 15 minutes.

If Barkley is to play against Chelsea needs to be in a central position, put Naismith on the bench and play Lennon. It is stupid to play a 28 mill striker as a winger. Part of our problem to me regarding the midfield we have a surfeit of DM and no creative attacking midfielder or if you like play maker.

Those gaps had appeared when Besic was taken off, not because Barkley came on. Withdrawing Besic and putting on the extra CB gave them free rein to push up our left side, as Can subsequently did throughout the last 15 minutes.

Barks and Alcatraz came on at the same time mate

Ok Ross might not be playing well lately but I rather him to have game time than the like of Naismith and McGeady. Just start him and he will show us what he can do.

Mourinho doesn't buy 21 year old players who still have development to do as first team members plus Chelsea would find it hard to fund him due to FFP.

Ok Ross might not be playing well lately but I rather him to have game time than the like of Naismith and McGeady. Just start him and he will show us what he can do.
He needs to play now but if his form drops he might need to be taken out again. We expected too much too soon and as another poster said I think the pressure got to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.