Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless Ross Barkley is a terrible player, how does it make any sense to break up the dynamic duo of Lukaku and Barkley? For the NEXT DECADE. Come on you fools!

No worries about Man Utd coming in for him, for a start Ed isn't speaking to us after we embarrassed him over Fellaini/Baines :) Also think Kenwright is still seething over Ferguson tapping up Moyes and writing in his biography during the Rooney negotiations Kenwright cried and put his mum on the phone to berate him.

I've no idea what price we would consider selling him at, depends if we get the investors for the new stadium that @bizzaro is confident we will. A new stadium is essential if we hope to compete financially in the future - as you are finding out even billionaire backers don't mean as much in these days of FFP. And unfortunately nobody looks likely to just give us a stadium like Man City/West Ham.

I'm certain it won't be for a figure in the 30m range though, you've just paid that for a 23yr old CB with no league experience that was kept out of the French team by Sakho!

Good luck with the investor search! I remember Ali Mackintoss scouring the globe looking for investment in City. I know how difficult those things are and can be.

FFP is a incredibly restrictive for a club like Everton. Ultimately investment in the infrastructure doesn't count towards FFP calculations. However when it comes to investors building a new stadium or helping to finance it, it's hard to justify doing that when you can't actually invest in the team. The difference between Champions League revenue (especially regular CL revenue) and Europa league is enormous. If you look at the cost of United's rebuild, Chelsea's spending during the early Abramovich years, or even City's spending after Mansour came in - it's clear that to get yourself to the point where it's worthwhile to have bought a PL club, you need to be free to spend minimum of 200 million pounds over a couple of years on players. Even then there's no guarantees you'll be a CL club. If you do that under the current regulations you'll fail FFP. It's a nasty catch 22.

In a way I laugh at all the clubs and all the supporters who've spent the last 12 months going on and on about how necessary it is to stop the likes of City and Chelsea. A nonsense and a neat bit of slight of hand. City and Chelsea are already in. Our revenues are somewhere around 271 million pounds for the financial year season ending 2013. That will have gone up considerably for 2014 as player amortisation costs decreased and more crazy contracts came off the wage bill whilst our progress in the CL improved and we won the title in England.

It's frustrating when guys like Adversus pitch up and try and tell me that City are screwed because of FFP. No we're not. Clubs like Everton are and the sooner your supporters realise that these regulations are all about keeping clubs like you in your place, the better. We used to be exactly where you are and honestly, I welcome the idea of Everton having significant investment. The more teams which knock the so called established hegemony of English football out of kilter, the better.

Just never forget. They don't want that. United, Liverpool, Arsenal, they want to keep you exactly where you are. Even Chelsea. That's why they all voted in favour of FFP.

funny how the Liverpool-loving media choose Derby week to start up the Barkley rumours again, they do love trying to unsettle us....

new contract, and the window is shut....total non-story...

Good luck with the investor search! I remember Ali Mackintoss scouring the globe looking for investment in City. I know how difficult those things are and can be.

FFP is a incredibly restrictive for a club like Everton. Ultimately investment in the infrastructure doesn't count towards FFP calculations. However when it comes to investors building a new stadium or helping to finance it, it's hard to justify doing that when you can't actually invest in the team. The difference between Champions League revenue (especially regular CL revenue) and Europa league is enormous. If you look at the cost of United's rebuild, Chelsea's spending during the early Abramovich years, or even City's spending after Mansour came in - it's clear that to get yourself to the point where it's worthwhile to have bought a PL club, you need to be free to spend minimum of 200 million pounds over a couple of years on players. Even then there's no guarantees you'll be a CL club. If you do that under the current regulations you'll fail FFP. It's a nasty catch 22.

In a way I laugh at all the clubs and all the supporters who've spent the last 12 months going on and on about how necessary it is to stop the likes of City and Chelsea. A nonsense and a neat bit of slight of hand. City and Chelsea are already in. Our revenues are somewhere around 271 million pounds for the financial year season ending 2013. That will have gone up considerably for 2014 as player amortisation costs decreased and more crazy contracts came off the wage bill whilst our progress in the CL improved and we won the title in England.

It's frustrating when guys like Adversus pitch up and try and tell me that City are screwed because of FFP. No we're not. Clubs like Everton are and the sooner your supporters realise that these regulations are all about keeping clubs like you in your place, the better. We used to be exactly where you are and honestly, I welcome the idea of Everton having significant investment. The more teams which knock the so called established hegemony of English football out of kilter, the better.

Just never forget. They don't want that. United, Liverpool, Arsenal, they want to keep you exactly where you are. Even Chelsea. That's why they all voted in favour of FFP.

You used to be exactly where we are??? Really? I seem to remember you being utterly dreadful for 100 years or so, and having spells in the lower leagues before you were bought by some of the richest men on the planet.

I miss him running at defenders and shooting wildly.

I miss him runing at defenders then getting his little mind all mixed up whether he should smash it or attempt a silky through ball, but by the time he's made his mind up he's been tackled.

Nah, but in all seriousness we defo miss him. More than I thought we would if i'm honest.

I miss him runing at defenders then getting his little mind all mixed up whether he should smash it or attempt a silky through ball, but by the time he's made his mind up he's been tackled.

Nah, but in all seriousness we defo miss him. More than I thought we would if i'm honest.

Haha, this is pretty much what I meant. But sometimes when he runs at them not knowing what he wants to do the defender is like, but if he doesn't know what he's going to do then how can I possibly know? And they overthink the actions of young Rosco allowing him to do something of note.

I miss him slipping over just when it looked like he might do something.

But mostly I miss Distin and Jags being a rock solid consistent partnership.

You used to be exactly where we are??? Really? I seem to remember you being utterly dreadful for 100 years or so, and having spells in the lower leagues before you were bought by some of the richest men on the planet.

Yes, a major British football club with deep local roots and a loyal local fan base. We have indeed had spells in the lower leagues. That's no more embarrassing than being the current champions in my eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.