Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't expect much love for what I just posted, but it's the truth. Whether he's valued at 40 million or 60 the point is Martinez knows he's open to a move and Kenwright is talking to City. Hence his tone.

So what your saying is his "tone" was having a sly dig at a current Everton player who he absolutely loves and bigs up on a daily basis because he's going to jump ship and move to City. Kenwright probably is talking to City about how much we can take Milner and Nastacic off your hands in January. Stick around though mucka, I'm more than happy to be absolutely buzzing off you in the summer when the only place he ends up going is Barbados on a 2 week holiday.

As i say, I don't expect to get much love for what I posted. But I'm sure if one or two of you take a step back and look at the reality of the situation, you'll acknowledge, as Martinez has, that at a certain price Everton will sell. Otherwise why would Martinez be saying "United sold Ronaldo".

And yes your right on that score every player has a price. Your saying he's free for the CL as well in January. Are you talking this season or next? What happens if we win the league and the fa cup and europa league and you finish 5th. Does he still go to City then?

QUOTE="The Other Blues, post: 3108269, member: 25806"]As i say, I don't expect to get much love for what I posted. But I'm sure if one or two of you take a step back and look at the reality of the situation, you'll acknowledge, as Martinez has, that at a certain price Everton will sell. Otherwise why would Martinez be saying "United sold Ronaldo".[/QUOTE]

He's been saying that about every player lad he said it over baines and what colour shirt is he still wearing? He's simply being a good manager in saying the players not for sale but if city or Chelsea are daft enough to offer £70 mil+ (3x times a players value in his words) then clubs would look at it.

Barkley has just signed a new contract, he's spoke of his love for the club, he's said he's only thought of staying here, he's said it's his home, he's said he wants to become a club legend and win trophies here, so why 2 months down the line be off to leave? Doesn't make sense mate your that much in tabloid fantasy land you can't see the woods from the trees.

QUOTE="The Other Blues, post: 3108269, member: 25806"]As i say, I don't expect to get much love for what I posted. But I'm sure if one or two of you take a step back and look at the reality of the situation, you'll acknowledge, as Martinez has, that at a certain price Everton will sell. Otherwise why would Martinez be saying "United sold Ronaldo".

He's been saying that about every player lad he said it over baines and what colour shirt is he still wearing? He's simply being a good manager in saying the players not for sale but if city or Chelsea are daft enough to offer £70 mil+ (3x times a players value in his words) then clubs would look at it.

Barkley has just signed a new contract, he's spoke of his love for the club, he's said he's only thought of staying here, he's said it's his home, he's said he wants to become a club legend and win trophies here, so why 2 months down the line be off to leave? Doesn't make sense mate your that much in tabloid fantasy land you can't see the woods from the trees.[/QUOTE]

It's city though mate and we are only little old Everton. Man City, giants of world football since..........erm. ............. its going to take a few more league titles before I even put them in the same sentence as us as a club of note.

Lets be realistic here, if someone offers to double your wages you are going to be interested.

Someone no doubt will be in the ear of his agent who in turn will want a piece of that pie.

Cash is king when it comes to loyalty unfortunately.

And yes your right on that score every player has a price. Your saying he's free for the CL as well in January. Are you talking this season or next? What happens if we win the league and the fa cup and europa league and you finish 5th. Does he still go to City then?

Genuine question, why did Martinez say that?

If Ross has told him, "i don't want to go anywhere I'm happy to be at Everton regardless of who bids for me" AND, as Martinez says Everton are in the best financial shape they've ever been in and don't need to sell a player to raise money, then why on earth is he using the Ronaldo analogy to intimate every player has their price.

Lets be realistic here, if someone offers to double your wages you are going to be interested.

Someone no doubt will be in the ear of his agent who in turn will want a piece of that pie.

Cash is king when it comes to loyalty unfortunately.

Of course mate, that's life in general and goes for anything. But what is by no means a certainty is him swanning off at the next available opportunity as our resident Man City mate keeps telling us.

Throughout his entire career at Everton there is going to be speculation about him going to a money club. We're just going to have to get used to it.

I'm 99% that he's going to stay here for a very long time to come, simply because he is an Evertonian. That may sound naive, but I think he's different to the average footballer in that actually meaning something to him.

And if he did happen to go we'd get shed loads of money for him, so there'd be a big silver lining even though I'd be gutted.

If Ross has told him, "i don't want to go anywhere I'm happy to be at Everton regardless of who bids for me" AND, as Martinez says Everton are in the best financial shape they've ever been in and don't need to sell a player to raise money, then why on earth is he using the Ronaldo analogy to intimate every player has their price.

Pretty sure he used the Ronaldo analogy for Baines about 45 times mate. It's what he likes to do, it's basically saying "we don't need to sell and of any player tied down to a contract wants to leave he can and it will be on our terms and for a hefty price". Honestly mate no offence but I would be disappointed in Ross as a man if when the time comes he wanted to leave he chose Man City. I expect him to have his sights set right at the top of the tree IF the time comes he fancies a change.

Pretty sure he used the Ronaldo analogy for Baines about 45 times mate. It's what he likes to do, it's basically saying "we don't need to sell and of any player tied down to a contract wants to leave he can and it will be on our terms and for a hefty price". Honestly mate no offence but I would be disappointed in Ross as a man if when the time comes he wanted to leave he chose Man City. I expect him to have his sights set right at the top of the tree IF the time comes he fancies a change.

Fair enough. I think he wants to come to City otherwise this dance wouldn't be going on.

As for the Ronaldo analogy, maybe doing that with a nearing thirty left back is fair enough, but if I was an Everton supporter I wouldn't want to hear that in relation to Ross. Nobody was ever going to pay silly money for Baines, but someone will for Barkley. Makes the situation very very different IMO.

Fair enough. I think he wants to come to City otherwise this dance wouldn't be going on.

As for the Ronaldo analogy, maybe doing that with a nearing thirty left back is fair enough, but if I was an Everton supporter I wouldn't want to hear that in relation to Ross. Nobody was ever going to pay silly money for Baines, but someone will for Barkley. Makes the situation very very different IMO.
Ross doesn't want to leave.

Like has just been said mate he's a manager and has to juggle players, he can't say "he's never leaving" as it could get some players backs up he's simply saying every player in world football has a price and if clubs are daft enough to pay cough ronaldo price tags they would look at it.

Honestly mate at barkleys rate of development If he ever leaves he'll be a bale size sum of that I have no doubt, the reason being he's a down to earth lad who has an alright agent and won't push for a move like baines didn't. The days of Rooney crying and being financially in the mud are over, hence why we are looking at new stadium plans etc.

Of course mate, that's life in general and goes for anything. But what is by no means a certainty is him swanning off at the next available opportunity as our resident Man City mate keeps telling us.

I hope he is sensible about it, he gives us this season and next. If we don't qualify for champions league or win stuff I would not begrudge him moving.

At this moment in time he is best sticking with us, hopefully we can progress as a club so he can fulfill hos dreams with us as captain.

Status
Not open for further replies.