Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
IMO Ross & Etoo can't play together if etoo is playing as striker with ross just off him. It clearly doesn't work as they both wanna occupy the same space.

Maybe it was the way Lille defended but ross was pretty much playing as striker not a no.10....

Its a tough one to call. They have played one match together so I wouldn't want to jump to any big conclusions. I thought Barkley played deeper in the first half and then tried to push up for the second half. He had a quiet game for defo but he was always looking to get involved in it, but it just didn't happen for him. At such an early stage in his career, Barkley is often either brilliant or very quiet with not a lot in between, but every game for me is an investment that will get paid back many times over in the future.

The French fans around us were giving him the bird each time a trick or two didn't work, so obviously his name and reputation for what he can do is well known already beyond our shores.

And, by extension, their manager did his homework and their players got very tight to him and gave him no space.

Last edited:
Love this pic of Ross against Villa...reminds me of that famous Maradona pic against Belgium

Barclayvilla20142.png

Barkley isn't moving anywhere for at least 2 years. He in noway justifies what we would be asking for him and has just signed a new contract plus he's a proper blue.

Could we just stop giving the transfer talk any credence as its just paper talk.

RB strikes me as a player who is really wanting something to go well for him early on in the game (say, Man City at home last May) and if it does then it gives him a huge surge of confidence for the rest of the game to go on and display his skills.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/roberto-martinez-unconcerned-outside-interest-7997396

Has Bill had a word? Those quotes aren't quite as emphatically positive as we've seen in the past...

Read those last 2 paragraphs mate, I think it's boss what Martinez gets at. Leave Everton and [Poor language removed] u I think he's getting at. I think he firmly believes that he can build a team to challenge for the title with young folk like Stones, Barkley and McCarthy

Read those last 2 paragraphs mate, I think it's boss what Martinez gets at. Leave Everton and [Poor language removed] u I think he's getting at. I think he firmly believes that he can build a team to challenge for the title with young folk like Stones, Barkley and McCarthy

I'm glad people interpreted it differently to me. I should worry less.

buyout clauses mean you contemplate selling and have no say if a team offers a specific amount - it's surely less worrying there isn't one?
Agree - I was worried that we had been forced to include one in this latest contract by Barkley's agent and relieved that Martinez has said we don't thave that in this or any of our contracts.

Doesn't mean Ross won't be sold at some point but at least it won't be cheap.

Its simple with Ross, as it is for Stones Lukaku and McCarthy, if he turns out to be as good as we think he will, we will win trophies and have champions league and they can fulfill their ambition with us. If this lot can't get their act together for even one cup win then they're not that special and you take the massively inflated fee.

I personally think this is a special group and Ross knows he could be the star of all of it to lead Everton back to the top. Even if it all fails, in Barkley Stones, Lukaku McCarthy, Coleman and Besic we have got a ridiculous amount of assets in the squad, enough to finance a new top team - as long as you dont have Brenda spending it!

Status
Not open for further replies.