ROONEY

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would offer that coming to us now would effectively be the end of his career. certainly waning internationally. So its just not in his interest to do so. Why wouldnt you get a year or to out of Manure on great money then go and do the same in China or Russia. Maybe after that he can come back to help EFC out with his money and reputation, in a coaching role or as a shareholder/club ambassador type of thing

quoted today on SSN as saying he is willing to sign an extension to his current contract & finish his career at Utd.

He got 3 years left worth 250 a week, he already signed his last contract for man u.

Probably. Here's the quote:

" I have a contract at the club (Utd) that I want to see out and wouldn't be against extending it - but that's up to the club"

Rooney would walk straight into our team without a doubt, my issue would be that the amount of money it would take to get him here would be better spent on a top quality younger player who we could get more years out of.

I know coming on as sub and making an impact is never easy and it's probably not something Rooney is that used to but I noticed 3 or 4 times last night, when he set off to run at the Slovakian defence with the ball, the ball would just run away from him. He basically couldn't keep up with the ball or just wasn't capable of running with close ball control. While there's no doubt he is still a good player with a fair bit of playing time in the tank, it just feels like the candle is starting to flicker in that his pace and ability might just be starting to desert him

Leave the rest out, he simply isn't good enough for the fee and wages he'd command. We can do better and it feels so good to say that!

Status
Not open for further replies.