ROONEY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would only take him if it was at a sensible price and reasonable wages. He's definitely not the player he once was but there's no doubt he still has something to offer.

I keep hearing about how it would massively influence the clubs image and stature and perhaps it would, but I think we are well on the way to sorting that out without needing to get Rooney back. It's not a good enough reason on it's own.
I agree but it would speed things up. He's still a name, no matter what and coming back I'm sure would reawaken him as a player.

Rooney will improve the team of course. Think he will have two or three years left as a starter but he is 31 it is not wise to blow £25m on a player with no resale value. We can get better value for money elsewhere.

I can see him coming back for a season at most....on no wages, just to play. Whatever we've all thought and said about Wayne in the past there's absolutely no doubt in my mind that he's a huge Evertonian - in his position, at his age and with advisors like he had every single one of us would have moved to the pinnacle of our profession with that level of earnings and exposure....to say we wouldn't is just poppycock. It's one of the dirty sides of football that the best get lured away.

However, I wouldn't advocate a sizeable transfer fee if he was offered to us.

This is supposed to be the time for all of us to look forward and hope we get in the future everything we deserve and have waited for,Rooney is in the past leave him there.

I wouldn't have him because I'd like to think we've left the days of gambling that we may be able to rejuvenatate has-beens behind us. Let's go out and get players who are among the best at their clubs and leave this kind of deal a distant memory along with Gazza, Ginola and Jeffers' second spell. I've no desire to see a much more expensive repeat of the Walter & Hamperman days.

Getting Rooney back would be like when a soap opera brings back an old character because the writers are lazy and the actor's only other choice is panto.

As for it "reawakening" him - If that's the case then it smacks of a lack of professionalism. I don't believe he needs reawakening, he's just not anything like the player he was.

It's to late for Rooney now, he not good enough anymore not for the wages he demanded, he missed his timing to come back and that was two seasons ago when he had 12 months left on his contact and he chose to renew for 250 a week, he a very rich man and still chose to chase the money.

Let's look at young players not those who don't have any desire to play for us.

Been reported that he would like to extend his 3 year deal and end his career with United that's the end off some blues dreams little gremlin

Status
Not open for further replies.