ROONEY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ferguson had pretty much pushed him out (dropped him in the CL game vs Madrid and signed RVP to be the main man instead) yet Moyes came in and decided to give him a huge contract. Really stupid move

Yep Fergie done the dirty work and made it easy for Moyes to sell but unfortunately Moyes didn't want to sell him after selling him at Everton. Very naive move by Moyes tbf

Yep Fergie done the dirty work and made it easy for Moyes to sell but unfortunately Moyes didn't want to sell him after selling him at Everton. Very naive move by Moyes tbf
Yep Fergie had identified he was on his way down and it was time to get rid. £27m for Fellaini, 5 year contract for Rooney and 7th place. Quite the legacy Moyes left

And he still claims he deserved more time

Yep Fergie had identified he was on his way down and it was time to get rid. £27m for Fellaini, 5 year contract for Rooney and 7th place. Quite the legacy Moyes left

And he still claims he deserved more time
You got what you deserved with Moyes and what Fergie wanted, failure.

I tried to avoid mentioning the money aspect, not cos I think we are filthy rich, but just that I thought I would look at it a bit differently, of course that would really be the biggest factor, no way could we justify that sort of wage.

the esks posts on FPP was quite enlightening tbh, didnt realise how tight it is, can see why we may choose to sell Lukaku after reading it - not ideal but the prem has really tried to stitch up anyone else joining their favourite boys now

He will be fine. The reports I've seen are that he has been given full power at United by Woodward (something he has craved for a while, why he has constant digs at Wenger who has the same at Arsenal and wanted the United job before). No Emanolo, Abramovich or Perez

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...d-woodward-at-manchester-united-a7052181.html

Yep he will do OK but there a small possibility he will do bad like he did with chelsea plus there are top mangers who can compete with him this season. Hopefully you will beat Liverpool as Jose does seem to enjoy beating them.

Should be a great season

the esks posts on FPP was quite enlightening tbh, didnt realise how tight it is, can see why we may choose to sell Lukaku after reading it - not ideal but the prem has really tried to stitch up anyone else joining their favourite boys now
The legacy of Kenwright's time in charge is that we have no real money coming in from the commercial side of the club. Hopefully this will change soon.

The legacy of Kenwright's time in charge is that we have no real money coming in from the commercial side of the club. Hopefully this will change soon.

Entirely and long term it should now start improving year in year out, short term though to allow Koeman to shape the squad the way he wants - the commercial ineptness ties our hands a lot unless we have a big transfer out which we can use to offset a substantial wage increase across the squad - least thats what i took it as esk saying on the matter

Think you're getting a bit ahead of yourself, he would easily walk into our team at the moment... we're not some elite level team, we have Kone and Niasse as 2 of our 3 strikers...

Im fairly sure the majority of our players would want to jump ship if they were fighting relegation and the biggest club in the country and arguably the world came calling.

I'm not really sure that one and Niasse are relevant to it. All lm saying is that there are much better options out there for the amount that Rooney would cost. Younger players, better players who havnt treated us like crap in the past. Those type of players.

As for the players wanting to jump ship, yeah I agree. I wouldnt want any of those players back either. Also the majority of those players would not claim to be massive Evertonians who didnt even stick around long enough to captain the team he supported or score in a derby etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.