Rooney constant references to being an Evertonian

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's one of us. I was fuming when he left and I'm not going to excuse being bitter than he didn't at least give us a few more years at that time.

Ask yourself this though, has he ever stopped claiming to be a big blue? He'll talk about Everton to anyone who will listen. We've all done [Poor language removed] things when we were young, and I include the badge kissing in that. But bottom line is, he's still a passionate blue, he's never forgot what he was.

Like I said a couple of days ago, I have a massive weakness for local lads who are blues out there volleying the opposition all over Goodison Park. That's what it's about. I have a little dream of him being back by 30 alongside Barkley doing all sorts of wrong to any poor gobsh*te that attempts to come to our ground and take the piss.

They get it, you get it, we all get it.

whoop there it is!! Best post in the thread. Infinite mobile +rep to you squire. I salute you.

So if Osman left for Barcelona now he wouldn't be a blue?

Rooney left relegation strugglers for the best team in the world. Who'd say no to that?

It's easy for us to have our loyalty when it's a hypothetical extra £100k a week and a hypothetical Champions' League trophy we're talking about.

It certainly is. But tbh my one true love and passion is Everton. If I played for them I would be loaded anyway, so I think I'd rather live my dream, not someone elses. But it is all irrelevant because obviously as it is hypothetical.

He'll be back. He will be an old fat Rooney, but he will be our old fat Rooney and he will score just for fun

So I came to this club totally after the move to Man U, so for me, his talking about us helps our publicity. But I don't have the baggage the rest of you do on this one...I recognize that.

And clearly Kai is destined to be a Blue.

I still don't see why there is so much animosity towards him.

At the end of the day he was an 18 year old kid, with a bellend of an agent telling him how he wouldn't win anything with Everton, undervalued, underpaid etc blah blah blah. Don't you think he would have loved to stay at Everton and achieve what he has done with Man U? Just not possible I'm afraid!

Without his transfer money we wouldn't have the side we have now or relative success we have had over the years. He has gone on to win things with Utd, but he will always be an Evertonian and I reckon he will be back one day.

It's about time people get used to us selling our prospects/ best players. Let's face it someone will have to go in the summer to keep us going financially and it's not always the players fault that they are sold too.

Post number 5 is a winner !!!

If you want to blame someone, blame Stretford.

Either way, we needed the money and I'd have him back in a flash if he could still contribute.

Meh, the irony...very few would give two sh*ts about him if he'd gone on to have a mediocre career, he'd have ended up being treated with the same derision as Jeffers. Just goes to show how much of a d*ckhead you can be yet still get away with sh*t, provided you can prove some kind of benefit to someone else.

Welcome to fame...better than righteous or holy, eh? Any day, any day...any day.

ok try scholes giggs and beckham? i'd have any of those in our team. Get real people 34 iis not "Past it" if your fit keep playin, shearer didnt retire till he was 36.

It is interesting how we're seeing more and more players in their mid to late 30s, no? Really shows how the science of nutrition and fitness can have a major impact on your playing time if you stick to it. If you can still play, I could care less how old you are. Giggs is amazing.

I was pissed off at all that happened when he left. Hated him for kissin the Utd badge at Goodison, but then couldn't blame him 'cos of the stick he got.
Now I turn the telly on to watch him play for The Mancs or England. If he's not playin', I turn it off. I admire the way he is maturing into a great player. In another two years he will be even better.
I would like to see him back at Everton in his late 20's. Even if it is only to inspire other Everton youngsters.
Bury the hatchet, move on.

It is interesting how we're seeing more and more players in their mid to late 30s, no? Really shows how the science of nutrition and fitness can have a major impact on your playing time if you stick to it. If you can still play, I could care less how old you are. Giggs is amazing.

Totally agree with this Kay! The saying 'if you are good enough you are old enough' works at both ends of the spectrum(obviously change it to young enough).

Status
Not open for further replies.