Rooney constant references to being an Evertonian

Status
Not open for further replies.
£7.5 million upfront, Rooney (Valued at £25 Million)
£7.5 million in 12 months time (summer 2015)
£2.5 Million if we win the CL (we qualified in 2013)
£2.5 Million if we win the League
£1.5 Million if we win the Cup again (we won it in 2012)
£2 Million if Ross signs an extansion to his contract
£3 Million when Ross gets his 40th England cap (he is on 22 at this point 2014)
15% sell on.

I'm seeing much more maturity in the lad compared to how he used to be. It's not making him a better player, in fact he's not the player he was in my opinion but I don't really hate him anymore. I loved him too much to ever hate him tbh. I was just fuming with him when he left. I'd have him back in a flash whatever age he is.

He shouldn't have signed that new contract with Man Utd. If he let the contract run down and then joined us on a free, then that would have been one of the most sensational transfers in football history. He would have gotten us the money we needed at the time when he left, he would have won all there is to win at Man Utd, then he would have gone back with us and tried to help turn us into a great team. I reckon that was the reason he was stumbling on the deal in the first place. By 2015, he will be coming up to 29. For a striker, thats the age where they normally start to decline, he may have a year or two in him, but would not have been anywhere near as good as if he signed at 26.

He shouldn't have signed that new contract with Man Utd. If he let the contract run down and then joined us on a free, then that would have been one of the most sensational transfers in football history. He would have gotten us the money we needed at the time when he left, he would have won all there is to win at Man Utd, then he would have gone back with us and tried to help turn us into a great team. I reckon that was the reason he was stumbling on the deal in the first place. By 2015, he will be coming up to 29. For a striker, thats the age where they normally start to decline, he may have a year or two in him, but would not have been anywhere near as good as if he signed at 26.

There is no way in the world that he the reason he was wanting to leave was to come back to us. He wanted more money/a different Champions League club.

It made me absolutely furious when he kissed the badge like that.

I would still take him back in a heartbeat though in the end. It's a shame he never got to play for us in Carragher's testimonial at least.

I'd put my last penny on him coming back to us at some point. Probably when he's way past it like, but it will happen.

Wind up the rs.

He was asked as a staunch evertonian how scoring 2 goals against them felt by sky after the match too...

He always has been a bad wind up merchant, even against us

I remember the day he left, and the then chairman of the supporters club slated rooney on SSN saying stuff like..... we all hate you wayne, youre a traitor. I coudnt help but think how many people would be screaming at the tele not agreeing with him.
For an 18 year old kid not to get his head turned by money or silverware was never gonna happen, and to be honest we are far better off for letting him go. Saying that would love to have him back though knowing it will only ever happen if we got HUUUUUUUGE investment or when he is winding down his career.
Either way, im still a fan and wish him well. TRUE BLUE.

I remember the day he left, and the then chairman of the supporters club slated rooney on SSN saying stuff like..... we all hate you wayne, youre a traitor. I coudnt help but think how many people would be screaming at the tele not agreeing with him.
For an 18 year old kid not to get his head turned by money or silverware was never gonna happen, and to be honest we are far better off for letting him go. Saying that would love to have him back though knowing it will only ever happen if we got HUUUUUUUGE investment or when he is winding down his career.
Either way, im still a fan and wish him well. TRUE BLUE.

Couldn't disagree more. He's the kind of player who gets you Champions League football on a regular basis.

Couldn't disagree more. He's the kind of player who gets you Champions League football on a regular basis.
Not if he's surrounded by the likes of Christophe Berra and Franco Di Santo as he would be if we hadn't of sold him. With the Rooney money we bought the likes of Pienaar, Arteta, Lescott, Jagielka, Cahill, Baines etc. Anyway, I think this 'what if' question is pointless because if he stayed he would have just pushed for a move leaving us with no choice anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.