Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has its flaws for sure but mad to think in last six years Leicester have won the league, FA cup, finished 5th twice and have a decent chance of making european final so they won't be as quick to hate the league as others as they're having their best run in their history and playing good football along the way.

Everyone uses Leicester as an example but they're an anomaly.

I remember reading a story of some unvaxxed 90+ odd year old woman in Italy who survived COVID in which anti vaxxers started using that example as to why you dont need the Vaccines but ultimately it was an anomaly - most unvaxxed 90+ year olds wouldn't fare too well.

Since 1992 only Leicester and Blackburn have won the PL title outside the "scab 6" and 4 clubs have won a trophy (Leicester, Wigan, Boro, Portsmouth). Now you'll never see another Wigan/Boro type club win something whilst the doped up clubs of LFC, MCFC, CFC, MUFC dominate with the help of FFP, VAR, 5 sub rules etc. and its only getting worse with UEFA giving clubs like Utd and Liverpool a free pass into the CL even if they dont qualify via the league.

Take all the BS stuff of the finances away there isn't one thing about the PL that you or I would miss if we weren't part of it as its utterly corrupt and predictable.

What are the final day results out of interest for that?
Everton losing away to Arsenal and both Leeds (away to Brentford) and Burnley (home to Newcastle) getting draws. I have Everton drawing all of home to Chelsea, home to Palace, and away to Leicester, so they could lose one of those and end up on 37 as well. Only other result I have Leeds nabbing is a home win vs Brighton. Burnley I have drawing in both Villa matches and vs Newcastle, only losing to Spurs

I think we showed great character together, a battling performance which is needed in a relegation scrap. I just hope we can show this grit in future away matches, and hopefully get a few points rather than relying on just home victories.

Honestly don't get the outcry about the performance. Reminded me of a Moyes performance, where we got stuck behind the ball.

Also a mention on the Liverpool fans. I'm not a local fan, I'm from Doncaster so don't have the hatred compared to other fellow blues. But I'm surprised at how many of them want us relegated. Is it just me at the start of the season who always looks for their fixture? I can't imagine a season without the Merseyside Derby (even though we always lose!!).

We need to show that fight in every game. Today panned out how I feared bar the thrashing I expected at Greyskull. We need to take advantage of the teams with nothing left to play for in the league such as Watford, Lecester, Palace and Brentford. We are still in deep trouble the next five games are key we need results in every one. It's going to be agonisingly tight I've feared the worst for months but at some point I have to believe or hope these players stand up and deliver some big wins.

Everton losing away to Arsenal and both Leeds (away to Brentford) and Burnley (home to Newcastle) getting draws. I have Everton drawing all of home to Chelsea, home to Palace, and away to Leicester, so they could lose one of those and end up on 37 as well. Only other result I have Leeds nabbing is a home win vs Brighton. Burnley I have drawing in both Villa matches and vs Newcastle, only losing to Spurs

Cheers mate.

What that does show is it will now take a miraculous effort from Lampard to get this lot safe by end of Palace game and I fear that's a bit beyond his capabilities. At same time it would be pretty poor to go into final day with pretty much no chance of staying up or even relegated (unless Burnley just keep on reeling off wins and Leeds go insane and win their next three).

As ever it will be something in the middle but I see little hope even going into the final day 1 point behind Burnley and Leeds and even that will probably require some consistent form from this point.

If that’s the case then I’ve mis read it.

Mind you it’s not exactly reversed my thinking on the matter that’s it’s in other teams hands not ours

Just to back the previous point up.... We`ve taken 10 points under Frank, Burnley 17 points in that time.

1650832524048.png

Status
Not open for further replies.