Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Premier League stinks anyway, being completely honest. I'm personally seriously bored with it.
To bridge the gap to the teams with CL money requires risk taking that puts the club in financial peril. We tried an failed.

Thd best thing would be for the top four or six clubs to leave and join their European league.

What is actually important is an actual competitive and fair competition. The quality of football is secondary. It as an entertainment business, and when only a few stand a chance it will eat itself.

Cheers mate.

What that does show is it will now take a miraculous effort from Lampard to get this lot safe by end of Palace game and I fear that's a bit beyond his capabilities. At same time it would be pretty poor to go into final day with pretty much no chance of staying up or even relegated (unless Burnley just keep on reeling off wins and Leeds go insane and win their next three).

As ever it will be something in the middle but I see little hope even going into the final day 1 point behind Burnley and Leeds and even that will probably require some consistent form from this point.
Think that's sound. Don't think our nerves could handle going into that final day without security. That being said it's not beyond us to get something vs Arsenal. They were well beaten at Goodison, it could have been 4-1 with a more lenient VAR.

I detached myself from it some time ago. Way too painful.

I also feel that whatever the club has become, it doesn’t resemble what I started supporting. As a result, I am less invested.
It's almost as if a bunch of 20-something multi-millionaires kicking a ball about for 6-figures a week for one random football club instead of another isn't the single most important thing in the world, isn't it.......

McNulty rightly calling out Mosh and the board.

This epic tale of football mismanagement from owner Farhad Moshiri and a somewhat self-congratulatory board of directors who have got so much wrong could now be heading towards the nightmare conclusion.

It takes some doing to arrive at Everton, as Moshiri did in February 2016, to set course for the stars, then spend £500m on making the team markedly inferior while heading shamefully in the other direction towards the Championship.

And yet this is exactly what Moshiri and Everton's board have presided over.

If they were to go down, it would represent one of the game's most colossal, expensive failures and the list of culprits would have to start with Moshiri and those in the boardroom.

Just to back the previous point up.... We`ve taken 10 points under Frank, Burnley 17 points in that time.

View attachment 163457

At the time we were suffering poor defeats I felt like we were throwing points away hoping there will be 3 worse teams, well now there isnt.

I`m thinking of the Newcastle away game where we fell to pieces, Southampton away where we didn`t lay a glove on them, Spurs away where we needed 3 in the middle but went 5-2-3 and got bummed, Wolves at home where they were so poor but we just went through the motions, West Ham away were beatable but we couldnt finish and mistakes cost us, Burnley away and being 2-1 up yet couldnt see the game out, Leicester at home and although they kept the ball well I`m not sure it would have been like that had they not scored early....

Pretty damning and all on Lampards watch, we could have told him 4-3-3 from before he arrived yet he persisted early on with this 5 at the back rubbish.

I could pick much much more from the Benitez results, we are paying the ultimate price and now we need to win 3 or 4 of our last 6 games, I cant see that happening, last time we had back to back wins was back in September.....

It's almost as if a bunch of 20-something multi-millionaires kicking a ball about for 6-figures a week for one random football club instead of another isn't the single most important thing in the world, isn't it.......
Football has become something I detest. FIFA, UEFA, the FA, all corrupt and awful.

The PL owners now actually resemble a collection of Bond villains. Russian oligarchs, Middle Eastern monarchs and various absent billionaire owners, all overseen by corrupt governing bodies.

How has this been allowed to happen?

It’s fairly easy for me to leave it behind now. It’s grotesque.

For me..
Its the uncertainty that scares me.
What state will our club be in?

How do we fund the stadium?

Does the EFL FFP regulations cause us concern?

I genuinely don't care which division we are playing in but I do want the club to still be around.

Since Frank arrived tactically the team may have gotten worse but the man management surely is better.

Benitez must have pissed in Iwobi's cheerios daily. In addition to his improvement, Mykolenko has really grown into his own. If they could get DCL going at all and put Richarlison back on the wing (where he's better) this might be a decent enough side to pick up the wins they need.

If the team cannot take at least 9-11 points or
more from Chelsea, Leicester, Watford, Brentford, Crystal Palace and Arsenal then honestly we do not deserve to be in the Premier League.

Injuries, referee decisions and bad luck have not helped but, whichever way you look at that, we will absolutely deserve to go down if we do with the games we have left.

Football has become something I detest. FIFA, UEFA, the FA, all corrupt and awful.

The PL owners now actually resemble a collection of Bond villains. Russian oligarchs, Middle Eastern monarchs and various absent billionaire owners, all overseen by corrupt governing bodies.

How has this been allowed to happen?

It’s fairly easy for me to leave it behind now. It’s grotesque.
A fair point - and I get what you're getting at; but when was the last time it was any different?!?

No one complained when Moyes had us stumbling our way to 4th once upon a time. No one complained when Mosh the billionaire took over and was going to "bring Hollywood to town" with dreams of trophies and Carlo at the helm.

But I hear you. It's entertainment tv, not sport. If City need a few players, they find a £200m sponsorship down the settee - anyone desputes it, they have the best lawyers in the biz to fight it. The big clubs set up global networks of "sister clubs" and move players around, many of whom will never see the light of day. If a Leicester happens to come along, one in a 5000 lifetime, all their best players move on and it never happens again.

I'm not criticising or judging. I'd love to see us win every game for ever, but we're still talking about millionaires kicking a ball. If we're relegated tomorrow, most of them will be out the door as fast as they can because they want to be Prem players. The badge and shirt is irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.