Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Premier League stinks anyway, being completely honest. I'm personally seriously bored with it.

It has its flaws for sure but mad to think in last six years Leicester have won the league, FA cup, finished 5th twice and have a decent chance of making european final so they won't be as quick to hate the league as others as they're having their best run in their history and playing good football along the way.

The path to escape is through a Leeds collapse. If they lose tomorrow it is conceivable they don’t score another point until May 15th. If we beat Watford and take a point from one of our next two games we will be ahead on goal difference. It would then come down to their two remaining fixtures against our 3. Obviously they get a result against Palace that avenue closes

Just spotted a big problem. Chelsea Fa cup final is 3 days after the Leeds game. That works against us

Just done a mock scenario and had us finishing on 38 with Leeds and Burnley on 37. Could easily be all 3 on 37. That would be good for the blood pressure surely.

Just spotted a big problem. Chelsea Fa cup final is 3 days after the Leeds game. That works against us

That is a problem plus Leeds only lost at Stamford Bridge to last minute penalty so it's a bit of a cup final for them given the history between the two clubs.

Still got Chelsea in similar scenario next weekend three days after playing Man. United so I don't for one second think it will be their strongest 11 out there.

I watched Burnley today. They were poor. Had 1 real chance. But got lucky. Burnley won't win 2 of their last 5. At best 5pts .

So we need 8pts given gd. Unless spurs smash em.

I detached myself from it some time ago. Way too painful.

I also feel that whatever the club has become, it doesn’t resemble what I started supporting. As a result, I am less invested.
Any tips on how to do that. I certainly would welcome some pain relief.

It has its flaws for sure but mad to think in last six years Leicester have won the league, FA cup, finished 5th twice and have a decent chance of making european final so they won't be as quick to hate the league as others as they're having their best run in their history and playing good football along the way.
That's because Leicester are the near-perfect model of how to run a football club that doesn't fit into the "sky 6" bracket or need mega funding.

They are everything we "should" be: well run, cohesive plan, unity from top to bottom, united fan base, superb scouting, patience, vision, ambition, clear identity, and a thousand other things I could spend all night happily listing that we're a million miles from.

Instead we're a half-billion experiment gone wrong, suddenly screeching about the Prem, saying "didn't want to be in it anyway", "what's the point" etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.