Putting another tier on the Park End

Status
Not open for further replies.
Move the park end with a second tier back 30 yards, dismantle 30 yards of the bullens road and main stand at the gladwys street end and fill the gaps at the park end, then build a larger gladwys street forward to meet the others, it worked when I tried it with lego.

I think it would be a great idea. If built properly, as already said, it can add more revenue with exec boxes and unobstructed views etc. It could also help increase any atmosphere generated at the game as and when the crowd gets going.

But if Bill can't afford a few mill on players do you reckon he would stretch up to 20 mill for a few extra seats?

You'd have to move it backwards a bit, otherwise you're constricting yourself majorly with regards to the other sides of the ground. Would be a bit pointless to add 4k seats or whatever to the park end, if you had to reduce the street end capacity if it finally got redone.

Just do it as a starting point,would increase capacity,would be full every week as no obstructed views,if we were to relocate in a few years it would not have been a costly exercise in the interim,no brainer for me.

Bill told me it's the 'National Heritage' that have been hindering any progress.
Aparently his usual quotes are so f##kin old and priceless that he'd have to stick with them.

On a serious note i am bewildered by the lack of foresight and ambition or even common sense. The amount of money thats been pumped into this club over the last 10yrs and nothing to show for it 'stadium wise' (nice gravel??).

Their mantra seems lets not bother progessing the stadium and HOPE we get permisson for a new stadium.

THATS JUST SH1T

They should stick one seat on the roof of the park end. Affordable stadium redevelopment, instsntly creating a two tier stand and increasing the capacity.

Job done.

[Poor language removed] it, whilst were all dreaming, why dont we just build this on the Mersey:

noufcmar3.jpg

Surely the council & Tesco would go halves with us?

That would be 4000 unobstructed seats too...I think the Park End seems to sell out quicker the other stands at Goodison due to it having the most modern facilties, no obstructed views and the good sightlines.

The question is how long would it be before we got a return on that £18 million (approx) investment? If you could sell the extra seats and get a good amount of executive boxes in between the top and bottom tier, then it is defintely a viable option to increase (marginally) the revenue that Goodison generates.

But by doing this it would mean comitting to staying at Goodison, and the board just dont see that as an option. i.e. they wouldn't invest £18 million if we were to leave Goodison within the next 5 years. But then again, why were they planning on the annex building in the Park End car park?

I'm all for it like, I'd love Goodison to be redeveloped rarther than moving to a souless mega dome in a retail park.

Well 4000 seats @ £35 a ticket would be £140k. No idea how much corporate would be. 19 home league games, plus say 6/7 cup/euro per year to make, say 25, x 140 = £3.5m. So if that went all back into repayments then less than 6 years.

Or my figures could all be shoite.... :eek:

Well 4000 seats @ £35 a ticket would be £140k. No idea how much corporate would be. 19 home league games, plus say 6/7 cup/euro per year to make, say 25, x 140 = £3.5m. So if that went all back into repayments then less than 6 years.

There'd also be policing costs and such associated with it as well as refreshments etc, so I'm not sure it's quite that simple.

Season ticket discounts, concessions etc.

It's all well and good talking about how we could easily pay it back within X amount of years, but we literally have no leeway whatsoever with the banks anymore, hence the demand for money next summer.

Nah, that is shoite and nowhere good enough for Goodison. We need a big imposing stand useful enough for 30,000 angry Evertonians venting their spleens at the opposition. Make it happen Kenwrong.
Something like this would be ideal.
Suedtribuene.jpg

While we are in recession and have no money we should be looking down the north side of the docks where there is a lot of investment being pumped into it. there is loads of derelict land there and the signs are saying that area is Everton too. Seems like a winner to me. Only downside is the road links aint the best.

That redevelopment boosted total capacity by a little over 2000. Not really what we need.

Thats because they took 30% off the capacity of the bottom tier. If the bottom tier were predominantly retained in seating terms then a boost of 6000 would give Everton around 3-6 million (depending on ticket prices) in extra revenue from league games alone.

That would nip the 6 million loss per season in the bud.

Status
Not open for further replies.