Prediction for most improved player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naismith followed by Barkley.

I'd say Oviedo but I felt he was tidy every time he played last season, and should of perhaps played a bit more.

A bit early to say that mate.

Maybe we just have different ideas of what a special player is though.

...it is difficult to predict how good these youngsters might be, but for me a 'special player' will be a high performing, first team regular who also becomes a full international. The signs appear right with Stones, apparently Moyes had identified a number of promising young defenders and went for this boy. Also, seeing is believing and as far as I'm concerned he looks the part. A real athlete with the confidence and ability to dink a penalty against international opponents. All looking good.

It is if he isn't first choice, which he won't be.

I didn't say he would be first choice, I said the lad is class & that when he gets his chance he'll prove it, as I've seen him since he came through the ranks at Barnsley. You said it was too early to call, I disagreed, as in my case it isn't, as I've seen enough already to know that he's going to make it, as he's got the temperament, intelligence & attitude to match the ability in his boots.

I reckon Oviedo myself, didn't get much of a chance last season, if Baines goes, hopefully not like, he's bound to get more game time, and even if Baines stays I can see him taking some game time from Pienaar playing in front of Baines.

Spot on.

Tim Howard.

Poor last season IMO, and never been a top keeper. Now he has two massive positives that are going to make him have a boss season......biggest positive is that theres no Chris Woods ( did he ever improve a keeper?), and secondly hes got a very good young keeper in Robles on his tail.

Never been a fan of TH, but I feel a massive improvement is imminent.......USA, USA

There's quite a few players that could vastly improved off of their performances last year. Naismith, Mirallas, Barkley, Oviedo. Pretty much everyone mentioned here already could have better.It's actually kind of exciting, as if some of them improve at least a little bit, it's like having a new squad members. Personally, I'm pegging Mirallas, already good, but he could turn out to be world-class if he lives up to his potential.

I can safely predict that it will be Ross Barkley. Who within two years will be (rightly) described as the best footballer to ever play for Everton, and within 5 the best in the history of the game, past, present and future.

Or Victor.

Status
Not open for further replies.