Official: "Neville to leave the blues"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrk

Player Valuation: £40m
Phil Neville has today confirmed that he will be leaving Everton at the end of the current season after eight years at the club.

Neville, who joined Everton from Manchester United in the summer of 2005, will take some time to weigh up his options before deciding on his next career move.

A member of Stuart Pearce’s England U21 coaching staff for the upcoming European Championships this summer, Neville has nevertheless made it clear that he is looking to extend his playing career beyond this season.

Neville said, “It’s been an honour to play for and captain Everton Football Club. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed my time on Merseyside and will leave with immense pride.

"I would like to thank the Manager, Chairman, all of the staff and the players at Everton for their continued support during my time at the club. I’d also like to pay a special thanks to the fans, who have been amazing over the past eight years and Everton will always have a place in my heart. I want to continue to play at the top level as long as I physically can, and will be weighing up my options before making a decision on my next move. I’ll now be doing everything I can to help Everton finish as high up the league table as possible.”

Neville, who became only the seventh player in Premier League history to make 500 Premier League appearances with the game against Wigan on Boxing Day this season, was 28 when he signed for Everton in August 2005.

He has made 303 appearances for Everton, netting eight goals and being Club captain in January 2007 following the departure of David Weir to Rangers.

He was the winner of the Club's Goal of the Season award last year for his strike against West Brom at Goodison.

His playing career began at Manchester United. During his time at Old Trafford he won six Premier League titles, three FA Cups, one Champions League and one World Club Cup.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2013/04/09/neville-to-leave-the-blues

Phil Neville has today confirmed that he will be leaving Everton at the end of the current season after eight years at the club.

Neville, who joined Everton from Manchester United in the summer of 2005, will take some time to weigh up his options before deciding on his next career move.

A member of Stuart Pearce’s England U21 coaching staff for the upcoming European Championships this summer, Neville has nevertheless made it clear that he is looking to extend his playing career beyond this season.

Neville said, “It’s been an honour to play for and captain Everton Football Club. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed my time on Merseyside and will leave with immense pride.

"I would like to thank the Manager, Chairman, all of the staff and the players at Everton for their continued support during my time at the club. I’d also like to pay a special thanks to the fans, who have been amazing over the past eight years and Everton will always have a place in my heart. I want to continue to play at the top level as long as I physically can, and will be weighing up my options before making a decision on my next move. I’ll now be doing everything I can to help Everton finish as high up the league table as possible.”

Neville, who became only the seventh player in Premier League history to make 500 Premier League appearances with the game against Wigan on Boxing Day this season, was 28 when he signed for Everton in August 2005.

He has made 303 appearances for Everton, netting eight goals and being Club captain in January 2007 following the departure of David Weir to Rangers.

He was the winner of the Club's Goal of the Season award last year for his strike against West Brom at Goodison.

His playing career began at Manchester United. During his time at Old Trafford he won six Premier League titles, three FA Cups, one Champions League and one World Club Cup.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2013/04/09/neville-to-leave-the-blues

I think he's made the right decision. He will leave with a thanks from me and best wishes for his future. It's not his fault he kept getting picked beyond his sell by date.

Thanks Nev lad you have been a good servant to the club.

tumblr_ma9t0duuIh1rntstf.gif

No doubt he has been pushed to a certain extent, which means this is a positive move by the club. In saying that, his effort can never be questioned, and anyone who captains this club for as long as he did deserves respect.

Let's send him off on a high note!

Agree. Not the best player to pull on the shirt to say the least, but undoubtably a top pro and great captain.

Deffo. I think he might get another season at a promoted club but the time was right for him to go. I always imagined he'd be one of the few who go back to their hometown club and try to make a difference. I read an article about him recently and it was all about his prep and routine for training and he's as dedicated an athlete as anything you'll find at the Olympics etc.

@Fo0tballista: Phil Neville was told by David Moyes that his prospects for first team football were limited. So Moyes is thinking ahead to next season...

So he's made more appearances for us than Man U? Genuinely surprised here.

Status
Not open for further replies.