Nurnberg vs Everton (8th Nov 20:05)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also apparently cancelling tickets which were bought from Holland and other parts of Germany now... what a fiasco.

Anyone relying on buying tickets from touts or over the internet isn't going to know if they are genuine or are cancelled ones until they rock up at the turnstile. Haven't got a good feeling about this.

Whatever the situation Big Vic will play at some some point.
I got a feeling we could win this and that this may be the season of the Anichebe.

Translated from the local paper in Nürnberg:

Highest security level for the Nürnberg game
Fan-Mile for Everton fans in the inner city - English police travel to increase safety

For the FCN vs Everton game tomorrow the security levels have been raised to the highest. Thousands of fans are expected from tomorrow morning in the inner city.

The police administration has been preparing for this UEFA Cup game for weeks. Police Director Kurt Benisch states the goals of the operation as follows: "We want the English to enjoy our city as a friendly place, they should feel at home here."

The prospects look good. There are no problems between fans of the two clubs. Around 25 years ago the two clubs met as part of the preseason preparation. "Dating from that time there have been long-term friendships between the clubs and fans," says Benisch.

In co-operation with the city authorities a "fan mile" has been built between the Königstorpassage and the Mauthalle. From tomorrow morning onwards no less than eleven special charters will be flying from Liverpool to Nürnberg. Around 3000 Everton fans have tickets through the official procedures. Another 500-1000 are expected who do not have tickets. They will be looking to pick them up at the last minute.

In Liverpool there has been frustration over the hundreds of tickets which were sold directly to the fans. Then UEFA stepped in. Because the match has been classified as a "high risk" game, the fans must be separated. Thus the seats where the tickets have been cancelled will remain empty.

Along with the fans, six policemen from Liverpool are also travelling. Four of them are so-called "spotters". They will be available before the game on the fan mile along with a co-operation official and a high-ranking police officer. 44 Everton fans have already received a letter banning them from travelling for previous violent conduct. Beisch is happy about the close co-operation with the "bobbies": "It's working perfectly." And he is also happy about the amount of email traffic he has to deal with. "It's helping my English to get better, I still have to look up a few technical terms."

The big unknown is exactly how many Everton fans will show up in Nürnberg. In Liverpool the demand for tickets was immense. And the police believe that a good number of fans are travelling to other German airports on cheap flight operators.

Cagey

I think Moyesy will play it very safe in our away games in this group and wouldn't be surprised to see the Yak alone up front with Tiny following up. I would love to see us have a go though. Can't believe that all those seats sold to Everton fans will now be left empty. Only got my 2 tickets today after a huge favour from an old friend! SEE YOU ON THE MILE!

Although i heard about problems concerning the ticket sale i hope that those supporters who spent a lot of money on flight, hotel and tickets will have access to the match.

Altrottel and me will start the party early afternoon.:p All other boardies who´ll make it to Nürnberg are wellcome. Looking forward for this.

@ Chicoazul

Last time you were asking for Bengal lights....i kept you waiting, sorry for this;)

here you go:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucuunxG0Bdk[/media]
(anyway, are you going to watch the match live or on Everton tv?)

See you all in the historical center a.k.a the fan mile.

Vaughan injured...gutted...

My m8s are going to this match, me - im waiting to go to a better match, like the enxt round or quarter finals, probably in spain or germany...could only go to one match...may aswell be the better one :)

With vaughan out i think it might be anichebe and yakubu upfront, basic 4-4-2 formation...

I'm pretty confident we'll see 4-5-1 with the Yak up front. Play relatively conservative, with 2 fresh strikers available to sub in if we go down 1-0...

Only couple of hours left before the match start I honestly couldn't wait for it to start!

I know we cannot underestimate German's team but we are not exactly playing Bayern Munich or Werder Bremen, we are only playing a team that is struggle for form this season, and although they have a reasonable strong side, but they have big problem in the final 1/3, they simply couldn't score much!

With our defence we should have no problem against there attacking force, as long as we score 2 goals is a victory to us simple as that, can't see them score more than 1 goal!

I can't decide whether or not to listen live via Everton TV or to just wait and go home and watch it on TIVO.

What's a Blue to do???? :oops:

I can't decide whether or not to listen live via Everton TV or to just wait and go home and watch it on TIVO.

What's a Blue to do???? :oops:

You can't get home before the match start? Then it all depend how desperate you are to know the latest result!

But I did say listen via Everton TV in the mean time!

Status
Not open for further replies.