Noob Europa question

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have Chang soda on our youth kits so why couldn't we just put that on instead of just a plain shirt?
I thought it looked good without a sponsor on it to be honest but if there is money to be made, let's think of an alternative in future!

We have Chang soda on our youth kits so why couldn't we just put that on instead of just a plain shirt?
I thought it looked good without a sponsor on it to be honest but if there is money to be made, let's think of an alternative in future!
Exactly this.

Doesn't affect the club, but surely Chang are missing a trick by not having it on kids shirts surely? Couple of million watching that, and it was bizarrely advertised in Moscow... Good old Еьертон viewed world wide and sponsor less, christ chang... Where's the soda water?!

Chang should allow us an alternate in countries that prohibit alcohol related sponsors.

Plus it would be nice then to be able to get my boys a kit with a sponsor. ( not a huge deal, but nice nonetheless)

Plus money for the club and all.....

There are simple enough solutions with foresight, or in the lack thereof, legwork

How much do you guys think it would be worth? If the Chang sponsorship was literally just for having the name on the shirts for Premier League matches (which it isn't) , it would be around £150,000 a game. This is for the most watched league in the world and, importantly, the most viewed in the area Chang is actually based.
The viewing figures for the Europa League are much lower, especially in Asia.

So, would it be worthwhile to get a sponsor for the odd match where we can't use it? Print the shirts, negotiate the rights etc?

Also, Spurs ( a more attractive team to sponsors) have had seperate sponsors which has been criticised by some of their own fans. So, is it actually worth that much money or attention?

French TV shows the EPL live,

It will also show, I assume, the return leg at Goodison.

Alcohol adverts on football shirts must be a frequent image on French TV.

Why sodding well bother making Everton drop their shirt sponsors tonight?

Because EPL matches don't take place in France.

Matches taking place in France on French soil are subject to French rules/laws.

Because EPL matches don't take place in France.

Matches taking place in France on French soil are subject to French rules/laws.

Yes, I appreciate that but the fact is those poor French TV viewers are subjected to decadent alcohol brands displayed on their screens when one of the multitude of games from outside La Republique is shown.

I think the shirts looked good without a sponsor on it, some European countries have had bans on alcohol sponsorship for years, it wouldn't surprise me if it was brought in over here at some stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.