Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Sharp

Votes: 28 19.4%
  • Ferguson

Votes: 44 30.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sharpy was my hero even when Lineker was banging them in for fun,Sharpy was the complete player right foot left foot and in the air and he held the ball up brought other players into play in today's game he'd be worth more than sewer rat and far far superior to big dunc who loved too

Last edited:
Graeme Sharp was a phenomenal player for us - some people forget that. Greatest post war goalscorer.

Ferguson won the FA Cup - some forget that too. He was part of the last trophy winning Everton side so those saying he shouldn't be in the list should go and check themselves there.

A myth of a centre forward his goal scoring tally was poor - if we had him when he was younger he had the potential to be a legend - IMO only a myth of a legend the facts prove this he was a very good centre forward in a struggling team!

Yeah, but he is the only one on that list that I have been and watched live. So no choice anyway. But I did love his random acts of violence :)

I went for Sharp just because he's my era, Dixie is the #1 though in reality. If judging on best ever Everton 9.

Went for Dean as he's obviously an all time great but my second choice would've been Ferguson. Simply because he's the only one that is recent enough for me to remember!

Alex Young. The man was bestowed with incredible skills and was a real joy to watch. Today's fans would absolutely love him......

I was wondering mate that back in those days am i right that we were classed as the Mersey millionaires and if there was a player we wanted the Moores family could bankroll any signing the manager wanted? If thats true do you think we should have won more titles/trophies during that period or was it that the quality and standard of the league meant anyone could win it back then?

Just because it was more my era and offered a glimmer of hope in an otherwise miserable time i have gone for Big Dunc. I seen Sharp towards the end of his career but from watching videos of him he would have been my pick had i been a regular between 84-88

I was wondering mate that back in those days am i right that we were classed as the Mersey millionaires and if there was a player we wanted the Moores family could bankroll any signing the manager wanted? If thats true do you think we should have won more titles/trophies during that period or was it that the quality and standard of the league meant anyone could win it back then?
Often wondered that myself,we had a pretty outstanding league record from 1961-70,I think the only occasion we finished outside of the top six(1966)we won the FA Cup,two league titles was a very good return considering Man U,City,Leeds,Chelsea,Spurs were in and around us,the league appeared a lot stronger back then very decent sides at the likes of Arsenal,West Ham,WBA,Stoke,Newcastle,we also had some terrible luck in our European ventures(drawing Inter Milan first round in their pomp),as well as the FA Cup Final defeat to WBA and the following year the semi final defeat to Man City.

Status
Not open for further replies.