Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Sharp

Votes: 28 19.4%
  • Ferguson

Votes: 44 30.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't say I ever saw Dixie play, but everyone knows about what he did in an Everton shirt.

Voted Dunc as he us the one I identify most with. Sharp was ace, latch was my first Everton hero but Dunc for all his faults was for years often the only good thing about Everton

I've only seen Sharp and Ferguson live and Sharpy was on his last legs by then.

I've gone for Dixie just because he is Everton to me really. Even when I was a little kid and I had kids in the street trying to wind me up about big nose rush scoring 40 or whatever, I'd still tell them they'll never beat Dixie. And they never will.

Met Dave Hickson many times and he was so happy and passionate about Everton it was a joy to behold. I always reminded him that he was my Grandads hero and I think he liked that even though he said it made him feel old.

Joe Royle I remember as a manager and still love him. That 94/95 season I went to every home match, more aways than any season since and every single game of the cup winning run. The 2- 0 derby win for his first game is still my favourite ever game.

And that game brings me to Duncan. I had a life size pic of him on the ceiling above my bed because it wouldn't fit anywhere else in the room. Luckily I couldn't get a girl to save my life back then or she may have got something of a surprise looking up. A nice surprise admittedly. Met him a couple of times and have never been so starstruck. I asked him if his pigeons were ok. He said they were.

I don't care if iv never seen him play, my vote went to William Ralph.

Even at a very young age reading up on the clubs history you got a real sense of pride at what he achieved at the club and the records he broke, how he broke the record of 59, set in a lower division in those last 3 games is the stuff of legend, quite fitting for one.

Status
Not open for further replies.