Nikica Jelavic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can't believe we made a profit on the guy. Amazing what a few goals two years ago can do to a player's value.

Alternatively, it's amazing what a season and a half of poor form under a manager who's notorious for getting poor performances out of strikers can do to people's opinions.

It was clear for anyone to see his problem was confidence, he has good technique and routinely got into goal-scoring positions, but once his form dipped a little bit he couldn't put it together at the right time. If he gets a few goals for Hull early on, he'll end up being a good striker for them

One of the players I'm genuinely most gutted about that he never worked out for us.

I wish him nothing but success at Hull. Top pro.

TBH I think we've robbed them blind, but it's amazing what having a good league position does to the perceived value of your players.

Alternatively, it's amazing what a season and a half of poor form under a manager who's notorious for getting poor performances out of strikers can do to people's opinions.

It was clear for anyone to see his problem was confidence, he has good technique and routinely got into goal-scoring positions, but once his form dipped a little bit he couldn't put it together at the right time. If he gets a few goals for Hull early on, he'll end up being a good striker for them

It wasnt that clear...dont state it as fact. I personally think its hard to tell what happened. Whether a good spell made us think he was better than he was is the opposite argument.

All I know is, whether it was from a lack of confidence or not, his technique and balance were pretty terrible for over a year.

He's already agreed personal terms. Probably done his medical.

I think they're just waiting for Long to do the same so they can announce them both at the same time.

Anyone know what the hold up with his transfer is?? Thought it would have been sorted by now.

They're saying it should be done today and it will beat their previous record transfer of £5.25m. They're saying it's a "big" signing for them, so hopefully it is £6.5m-£7.5m. I thought we'd be lucky to make our money back on him, so we've done very well if we've made a profit.

Status
Not open for further replies.