Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Layers mate.

As in, people that lay odds.

Oh lordy.

Right. I'm on the exchange right. My selection is at 10.0

So I back it

Wow! something happens (like, I dunno, a local rag running a 'it's happening' story), it tumbles down to 1.7. I lay it off here to cover my initial stake, maybe a bit more. I literally cannot lose money on either outcome, but I may end up with different possible profit.

Do you know how much influence @The Esk could have on that market with a single 'it's 100% happening' post? Masses. Everything available would get hoovered up.

Please mate. Stop.
Admit it mate, you're a dirty arber lol

To put that sum in to context, the only club that spent £100m+ net last season was Man City and their income is 3x ours, even with the increased TV deal that would be half of our annual income before taking in to account current expenses and additional cost of wages from new signings, wouldn't leave us with much leeway with FFP for future seasons either, even with the allowed contribution from owners we'd be looking at a minimum £60m loss unless there was some other substantial increase in income.

We can make a £105m loss over three seasons. Our turnover will likely increase by as much as £40m from last season with the new TV deal. A new owner would only need to provide another £60m. There will be no risk of financial penalties.

£60m is not a huge amount to a man worth £1.4bn.

Admit it mate, you're a dirty arber lol

hahahaha lol

That only works for a while before you get account closures with most bookies. They flag it up real quickly these days.

Genuinely though it's nothing more complicated than backing high and laying at low prices and taking the profit in the middle. Really trying to study tennis trading at the moment, T20 was lovely too

Echo reporting we want Koeman and Monchi and are willing to pay Monchi's release clause of 3.8 million. Incredible if true and it seems Monchi, unlike Emmery perhaps, wants to come to us. Still not clear if Koeman will come but it's looking good . Could end up with 'one foot in the retirement home' Pelligrini if he, and Emmery, turn us down so it's best not to say meh to Koeman just yet.

"Everton FC's managerial dream team is Ronald Koeman and Sevilla sporting director Monchi.

The Liverpool Echo report that the Blues are willing to pay the Southampton boss £6m-a-year to attract him to Goodison and are prepared to meet the £3.8m buyout clause in Monchi's contract.

Koeman arrived home from holiday last night, and reports emerged from Holland this morning claiming that him and agent Rob Jansen were due on Merseyside to talk terms later today. That is understood to be wide of the mark however, with both Everton chairman Bill Kenwright and majority investor Farhad Moshiri based in London.
TWEET.png

It will remain a challenge to convince first-choice Koeman that his future lies at Goodison, with the possibility of a shot at the Arsenal job on the horizon if he stays at St Mary's and maintains the Saints upward trajectory in the Premier League.

But it seems his head has been turned by the scale of Moshiri's ambition, with the Iranian billionaire determined to make statements of intent in his managerial appointment and subsequent activity in the transfer market this summer; when world-class names will be targeted with a huge budget."

We can make a £105m loss over three seasons. Our turnover will likely increase by as much as £40m from last season with the new TV deal. A new owner would only need to provide another £60m. There will be no risk of financial penalties.

£60m is not a huge amount to a man worth £1.4bn.

I was under the impression the rules were that you could only make a loss of £5m across a set period with a cap on annual contributions to the figure by owners of about £35-40m per season? Have the rules been loosened?

Either way I can't see us spending £100m net, I'm expecting the £65m from Lukaku to be spent plus about £50m net

Koeman and a dof represent a rebuild job at the club.

Think we all can agree there needs to be a squad rebuild now, and if the maximum we get from koeman is top 6 then bloody fantastic. We will be a strong team again, have some decent players and be in a prime position in the future to let him go his way and have both the ambition and foundation for the future and better manager again.

I want emery first choice by all means, but koeman isn't a bad second choice to pick up the pieces Martinez smashed against the wall.

If Koeman was st the talks himself then surely that would mean Southampton had given us permission to talk to him? Which I presume would be all over the media.

I was under the impression the rules were that you could only make a loss of £5m across a set period with a cap on annual contributions to the figure by owners of about £35-40m per season? Have the rules been loosened?

Either way I can't see us spending £100m net, I'm expecting the £65m from Lukaku to be spent plus about £50m net
That'll do. (Though replacing Lukaku's goals is going to be a genuine challenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.