Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly city wouldn't be considered a big club today - neither Chelsea - had they not spent huge amounts. And let's be frank both City and Chelsea pay the most in wages as well. So in my opinion how much you pay is all it takes. Any fanciful notion of bigger clubs comes only as a result of levels of spending. So we're doubling Koemans wages - that's what city would do with Silva and Aguero or Chelsea with Hazard and Costa. And how they maintain supremacy. We're just getting started down that road that's all.

If soton believe they are our equals then they should pay Koeman 5/6m a year.

I know only too well mate, I'm £25 restricted in literally every Coral shop within a 20 mile radius of my house and barred from all Hills and Lads :blush:
If your in Liverpool.. That's a lot of shops !
As orly says 365 are snide, as is Fred Done online. He is mega careful online, but his shops are ok.

No mate
He actually said at 12.33 "no answer from the Emery camp yet"

but later, at 1.21 he said "Emery has turned down our contract offer"

Then at 5.33 he quoted his 12.33 post and added "talks are still taking place" completely ignoring his post from 1.21

Maybe he turned it down, and we've gone back to him?

Reports saying Koeman turned us down at first as well.

Van der Kraan told Sky Sports News HQ: "Everton have come out all guns blazing to try and get the man they wanted in the first place.

"When Ronald made it clear that Southampton was his priority and that his heart was there, he wasn't going to go. But, as happens more in football, sometimes when you say no the more they want you, and they have now come back in for him, and it looks very, very positive.

"They know that, when you look at the situation at Southampton, Ronald Koeman has a great set-up. He's been boasting about the training facilities and the team he's built there and got into Europe twice in a row. You can't really say it can get any better.

"So for Everton to convince him, and come in for him a second time, means they have to offer him a massive package, with great prospects on the transfer market, otherwise there would be no point trying to speak to him at this moment.

Reactions: kev

Bet365 the absolute worst for it. Very snidey
They're all as snidey as each other I find. My brother is a full time arber, I only really help him out with a bit of running for him when I'm not working offshore, but it didn't take them long to PTL me everywhere. The bookies (well glorified cashiers nowadays, you don't get actual trained bookies working in the shops any more like when I managed a Corals 15 year ago) act like it's their own money at stake FFS and are utter jobs worths most of the time.

Anyway, Emery in!

Is it not normal in the footballing negotiation world for the first offer to rebuffed.

One team has a price, as does the other and they work through negotiation until reaching a happy medium?

They're all as snidey as each other I find. My brother is a full time arber, I only really help him out with a bit of running for him when I'm not working offshore, but it didn't take them long to PTL me everywhere. The bookies (well glorified cashiers nowadays, you don't get actual trained bookies working in the shops any more like when I managed a Corals 15 year ago) act like it's their own money at stake FFS and are utter jobs worths most of the time.

Anyway, Emery in!
You got any tips mate ?

Status
Not open for further replies.