Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh lordy.

Right. I'm on the exchange right. My selection is at 10.0

So I back it

Wow! something happens (like, I dunno, a local rag running a 'it's happening' story), it tumbles down to 1.7. I lay it off here to cover my initial stake, maybe a bit more. I literally cannot lose money on either outcome, but I may end up with different possible profit.

Do you know how much influence @The Esk could have on that market with a single 'it's 100% happening' post? Masses. Everything available would get hoovered up.

Please mate. Stop.[/QUOTE]

@orly is to the science of betting what The Esk is to ITK and @caught is to vaulting. We have an embarrassment of riches on here.

Where's the proof that the budget is £100m BEFORE player sales? £100m net spend even with Moshiris investment seems very unrealistic. @Brennan

Been widely reported and Moshiri has himself said he wants to strengthen the squad and retain key players.

Personally, I don't think we'll spend 100 mil before player sales but think it won't be too far off.

Oh Christ - just think what that's going to be like on here!

It may be time for the Forum hierarchy to consider a full lockdown period for the site of about 2 weeks after the manager has been announced in order to allow for:
  • Marriage repairs.
  • Those with a job still, time to catch up on the work they've been putting off.
  • Those who have been sacked a chance to find something else.
  • Those who have been tipped over the edge, chance to seek professional help.
  • Those with who are credited with a degree of confidence in their ITK status an opportunity to feel less stalked, harassed and hounded.
  • Those seeking to establish an ITK status a chance to ponder if the shake is worth the splash.
  • GOT servers to cool down.
  • A chance for sanity to be restore (accepted on GOT, that is unlikely to be to a high level).
  • and finally depending on the announcement - time for scrotums to refill and the environment agency to handle the clean up.

lollol

Oh lordy.

So I back it

Wow! something happens (like, I dunno, a local rag running a 'it's happening' story), it tumbles down to 1.7. I lay it off here to cover my initial stake, maybe a bit more. I literally cannot lose money on either outcome, but I may end up with different possible profit.

Do you know how much influence @The Esk could have on that market with a single 'it's 100% happening' post? Masses. Everything available would get hoovered up.

Please mate. Stop.

@orly is to the science of betting what The Esk is to ITK and @caught is to vaulting. We have an embarrassment of riches on here.

God no, if I had any real plums I'd have held longer to my initial Koeman bet.

Its makes me laugh how many are willing to blindly believe a fella who singed up 10 days ago and has posted only in one thread (bar two post related to the subject in the Moshiri thread). Not a post about any other subject. No posts in the NEA Animals thread even! Hasnt posted anything that as far as I can see wasnt floating around the web or was just purely conjecture.

alarm-bell-200x200.jpg

@themole10 Why did you post this

"Just to confirm, the talks are currently still taking place....in London!

Nothing has changed from my earlier update:"

whilst quoting one of your own posts from earlier in the day which said

"No answer from Emery camp yet.

Koeman agent having talks with us this afternoon (2pm). Seems that Everyon is now a 'project' he very much wants to be involved with.

I will update when I have any significant news but highly likely I'll have something later."

Are you saying that nothing has changed since the post you quoted ? because since that quote you have posted this

"Emery has turned down our contract offer. Koeman has told Southampton he wants to leave for Everton. This should now be over very quickly."

There is quite a big difference between "no answer from Emery camp yet" and "Emery has turned down our contract offer"

Maybe there was no answer/deliberating, then he turned it down.

Layers mate.

As in, people that lay odds.

Oh lordy.

So I back it

Please mate. Stop.
Misread it as lawyers
Apologies too many beers in the sun

Jeez, I only went the gym! I left as soon as mole said Emery had turned us down, RK told Soton he wants to join us and it should be over quickly... What's happening now?

(Ps I will read back on the 100 odd pages I missed while I watch TV, I always do. I just want the shorthand answer in the meantime to calm the nerves!)

Jeez, I only went the gym! I left as soon as mole said Emery had turned us down, RK told Soton he wants to join us and it should be over quickly... What's happening now?

(Ps I will read back on the 100 odd pages I missed while I watch TV, I always do. I just want the shorthand answer in the meantime to calm the nerves!)
Nothing. It's like a Beckett play in here.

Been widely reported and Moshiri has himself said he wants to strengthen the squad and retain key players.

Personally, I don't think we'll spend 100 mil before player sales but think it won't be too far off.

To put that sum in to context, the only club that spent £100m+ net last season was Man City and their income is 3x ours, even with the increased TV deal that would be half of our annual income before taking in to account current expenses and additional cost of wages from new signings, wouldn't leave us with much leeway with FFP for future seasons either, even with the allowed contribution from owners we'd be looking at a minimum £60m loss unless there was some other substantial increase in income.

Status
Not open for further replies.