Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell you what, listening to TS all day, and 5 Live now, one thing is crystal clear to me.

In this closed world of football, where usually everyone knows what is going on, the media do not have a clue who is in the frame, or being talked to.

Mark Chapman desperately trying to think of who might be the new boss; "Hughes, Rogers, Rafael, De Boer....."

Remember the last time the media did not have a clue about who might be buying us........?

Makes you ponder.

Talk sport going over possible candidates. Rafael, moyes, hughes, Pearson, Howe, dyche and Lennon all mentioned.

I can understand why you might want Koeman, I just think you'd be a really boring person. Bielsa would be both exciting and realistic.
bielsa.jpg

He's just been relegated mate and spent £8M+ on Naismith.

and we spent 13 million on who ?,and if Naismith had been in our squad the past 3-4 months , fighting for the shirt, then RM might still be in a job

Yes he was relegated with, I think most would agree,a club punching above their weight, doesn't make him a bad manager,though. he took over Norwich half way through a season and won them promotion by May . built a winning team in Scotland.

Southampton boss has admirers at Goodison Park, and is in the frame following Roberto Martinez's sacking
  • Southampton boss has admirers at Goodison Park, and is in the frame following Roberto Martinez's sacking

koemanmartinez.jpg

Roberto Martinez (R), manager of Everton greets Ronald Koeman, manager of Southampton during the Barclays Premier League match between Everton and Southampton at Goodison Park on April 16, 2016 in Liverpool, England. (Photo by Chris Brunskill/Getty Images)

Ronald Koeman is interested in the vacant manager’s job at Everton.

The Southampton boss only has a year remaining on his current but has yet to agree on a new deal.

Koeman is understood to have admirers at Everton and is in the frame to replace Roberto Martinez who was sacked on Thursday afternoon.

But the Saints boss, who guided the south coast club to a record seventh-placed finish last season, is in the race alongside Frank De Boer.

Everton have yet to make contact with any of the managers on their shortlist and have confirmed that David Unsworth and Joe Royle will take temporary charge of the side for this weekend’s game at home to Norwich City.

De Boer, meanwhile, this week left Dutch giants Ajax after six years in charge and is keen to taking over at Goodison.

The former Holland international’s agent, Guido Albers, said he “would love to join a club like Everton” while his brother Ronald added: “Frank is interested in the Everton job, but it’s not up to him to make the move, that’s up to the club.

“In my eyes he’s the right man for that job.

deboer.jpg

Ajax Coach / Manager, Frank de Boer speaks to the fans after the Eredivisie match between Ajax Amsterdam and NEC Nijmegen at Amsterdam Arena on May 3, 2014 in Amsterdam, Netherlands. (Photo by Dean Mouhtaropoulos/Getty Images)

“He thought he was going to fulfil his ambition of managing in the Premier League but talks with Tottenham collapsed at the last minute.

“When you see what Ronald Koeman has done at Southampton I would argue that Frank is at least as good as him when you see what he has achieved at Ajax.

“I think Everton would be a good fit for Frank.

“It’s the sort of club where he’d be given the chance to show his qualities and do something special.

“He made up his mind to leave Ajax two months ago because he needed a change.”

Manuel Pellegrini, Rafael Benitez and Mark Hughes are other names rumoured to be on Everton’s shortlist.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...erton-managers-11325894#ICID=sharebar_twitter

Tell you what, listening to TS all day, and 5 Live now, one thing is crystal clear to me.

In this closed world of football, where usually everyone knows what is going on, the media do not have a clue who is in the frame, or being talked to.

Mark Chapman desperately trying to think of who might be the new boss; "Hughes, Rogers, Rafael, De Boer....."

Remember the last time the media did not have a clue about who might be buying us........?

Makes you ponder.

Closed shop now Roydo.

and we spent 13 million on who ?,and if Naismith had been in our squad the past 3-4 months , fighting for the shirt, then RM might still be in a job

Yes he was relegated with, I think most would agree,a club punching above their weight, doesn't make him a bad manager,though. he took over Norwich half way through a season and won them promotion by May . built a winning team in Scotland.

We've just gone from manager who took a team down now you want another? Surely we are bigger than that?

Makes you ponder.

Too true. Everton are very good at keeping secrets.

De Boer becoming our new fancy similar to the Yarmolenko craze...... There is enough in the various rags to keep us engaged and hoping (well, some of us hoping).

Would be pleased with either him or Favre.

Just hope when it is all sorted that we are not flat on our back with Lucy holding the football and laughing..... A Peanuts reference for those not familiar with the comic.

Basically just hoping not to end up with Hughes, Howe or the like (nothing personal - they are just not the statement of intent the club desperately needs to make.....)

Don't crush my Yarms hopes and dreams

Very small time mentality

We're Everton

Makes you ponder.

I like this, except for the heartburn it gives me personally

Talk sport going over possible candidates. Pearson mentioned.

I've been hammered on here for suggesting him.

Would love to see him here, I really would. Proven in the prem and made some fantastic signings that came into fruition this season. This obsession with bringing in a manager from an inferior European League is getting me down.

Status
Not open for further replies.