Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
SammyLee-laptop110522G300.jpg

SWERVE
Christ, is this really your whole argument for the future of our club, a coach at Southampton that probably won't come here.

*sighs deeply

koeman is doing well at a club that doesn't have high expectations.

His managerial career has not been that impressive.

Coming here is a totally different kettle of fish, he'd de better than martinez did no doubt, but i just don't think he'd fit well.

Honestly it would depress me if Emery came to Everton from Sevilla, it would show how lopsided football is becoming. Saying that I'm not English (mind you with a name like Shu Ren Dennis Ng you probably aren't either)

Ya, I'm still figuring out how to NOT SHOW my real name. Now everyone can stalk me on FB, not that I'm on it that much anyway LOL

It does, sure, but imagine if Simeone comes over just for money, that would be sad. But for now, you'll have enough faith for another day as some good managers will stay at the clubs they are loyal to. (p.s. Simeone said he will stay as long as the club grows with him so it is possible for him to be lured away if ever they get into a financial mess)

Still, Emery's move is more logical in my mind. Unless Sevilla comes into a load of cash aka new owner, which generally also mean his job is in danger due to new management, I doubt he will ever have the resources to break into the elite. Here, he will have positive net spend, a good academy to blood youngsters and the most patient fans in EPL.

It is sad that football now is lopsided, but since we're not on the fat side, yet, I want us to have the best pieces on the board to help us break that ceiling.

Seriously, was FdB unpopular or popular with the fanbase? (Wasn't sure if you were joking or not)

There was mixed feelings between the fans and many actually thanked him for what he brought to Ajax. I will give you a few texts as example that are from the dutch forums...some good some bad. Here it is translated for you. I am not Dutch but know a bit of Dutch :)

Frank , you were the perfect man to take Ajax from the deep valley and tun them around. You took care of rest, was a great figurehead, but above all you performed! Never complaining, always hard working and with good selections let us play hardworking, pure football.

Thanks for everything! Best wishes!

Thanks, Frank de Boer. It was a great achievement after the sinking ship that Martin Jol left behind and to steered to the championship.

With average selections available you still performed well. I will always remember AC Poulsen - remember Boerrigter in the important PSV-Ajax game. For me that was really Ajax, an offensive operation to turn the game. Unfortunately, we had this approach in the last three seasons becoming less seen. Ironically, it was the matches against PSV where De Boer was wise to use the counter, allowing us to win twice (2014/15 and 2015/16). unfortunately it was against "the little ones" where we often were boring and conservative so we were not champions.

You made good decisions, but also many wrong decisions, though, Ajax finally was champions again, four times in a row even. This is partly due to the peace and spirit of Frank de Boer. But I think it's better for both parties in this way.

He is thoroughly Ajax and has brought us success again after seven lean years. Personally, I think he should have adjusted all of his coaching staff during the period of success. Spijkerman after the first two successful years added no value. Bergkamp is a bit of a yes-man. He is a great footballer and Ajax player and as an ornamental horse from the top category! Only I think his character would fit in much better with the youth. Full Trust (as his sight was indeed focused on defense) than provided he is engaged !

Thanks Frank for all these years. You were really excellent especially as the face of the club. I wish you every success in the future.

The last three AJAX seasons were the most boring I've ever seen in terms of football on the field. And that it yielded no results ....

But De Boer is a real Ajax man, a good guest and as a player I liked him, he was the best defender I've ever seen.
But I will not miss him as coach.

It is time for something new, I think.

I would not have minded if he had stayed, but that he left is also fine. And that says maybe enough.

Thanks Frank!

I think it's good that de Boer left. He has done well in his early years at Ajax, helping us to the league title and again led us to CL football ( several years in a row). He then continued to achieve results, but the game was actually a little less effective each year.

Now it's time for a fresh wind to the talents who are now running around to make a well-oiled machine, because we really have enough talent. Hopefully we get to do or not this summer without any of our talents leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.