Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
yea, and it's not really fair to take that Norwich game into consideration but It's also not really fair to completely write him off after 4 games with that shambles of a team

Exactly, he's had minimal time on the training ground with the players. I doubt anyone could have turned things around in such a short space of time.
A few of his selections have been a bit dodgy though.

Unsworth is the fall back option and now favourite which I think would be dreadful and the worst possible choice.

Chelsea was always going to be tough, but we were worse than second best at Leicester, dreadful in Lyon and extremely lucky to beat Watford.

Played 4, lost 3, scored 4, conceded 9. Is that is supposed to be our new manager's honeymoon period?

We cant let a fluked win against Watford paper over cracks the size of the Grand Canyon. Even there our first goal was a sub goalkeeper sucide error and the third a blatant pen but nevertheless the defender unlucky to slip into Lennon and then they missed a pen, we just got out of jail.

To me its jobs for the boys and I find that depressing. He's just the puppet for the Walsh, Kenwright Royle clique now running the club.

I remember Terry Connor at Wolves and others since and it's normally a disastrous choice for a struggling team to promote from within, the only possible slight exception being Craig Shakespeare's initial success last season.

Could the manager's job of Everton football club not tempt anybody to the extent we're going with a man whose taken 5 games for the Everton first team? Sad, sad state of affairs.

Small time as you like.

And aside from the fact I think we're just lashing our season in the bin by going with Unsworth, I actually like the fella and don't think he deserves the [Poor language removed] storm that will be coming his way if (when) this goes badly wrong.

An Unsworth appointment could go one of two ways, either he suddenly by magic starts instilling confidence and organisation into players, especially at the back, who have either seen better days or lost a yard of pace, or he continues as he's started and we're really in the mire at Christmas sending out SOS flares for anybody anywhere and on any terms to come and rescue us.
Kenwright, Royle Walsh clique is right get the feck rid !!

Really worried about this appointment on two accounts if true.
Firstly the premier league in a relegation fight, is no job for an inexperienced manager. As good as unsworth has been with the under 23s, it's another world pitting your wits against the likes of pep, Jose and conte.
Secondly David Unsworth is a hugely respected Evertonian. The last thing I would want is for things to go badly and the fanbase to turn against a massive blue. If that was to happen I could see unsworth leaving the club, as he wouldn't want to relinquish the manager's job and going back to the under 23s.

It may be that a 4 game audition has been extended for another 6 games.

The EL games are a bloody nuisance now but if he got 7 points from next 12 it would be fine. An away win would set him up very nicely indeed seeing as that seems to almost be a once yearly event now.

He can be interim manager for as short or long as they like without saying anything.

It’s not a good state of affairs though. Doesn’t sound like we have have done a global search for a manager.

It may be that a 4 game audition has been extended for another 6 games.

The EL games are a bloody nuisance now but if he got 7 points from next 12 it would be fine. An away win would set him up very nicely indeed seeing as that seems to almost be a once yearly event now.

He can be interim manager for as short or long as they like without saying anything.

It’s not a good state of affairs though. Doesn’t sound like we have have done a global search for a manager.
Perhaps there is a manager in the solar system who could save us rather than confine our search to this planet ?? :cool::cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.