Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
All started by Glen Hoddle wasnt it who said he would be good fit at Everton lol-he was the 1st i heard anyone say it-that was after euro game not long ago-Everton are out doing themselves day after day in making themselves look stupid to say the least

Always wondered why Glen Hoddle never got another job in football.

He played some entertaining stuff.

nah, just pointing out the BBC are saying he's out of Contract at the end of the month and refusing to sign another one at Wales.
Wouldn't be that long a wait to get him for free if that's who we were after.

Him and Unsy would be the only two options we'd be looking at under £2M to free up

What a time to be alive.

Putting Unsworth on would almost definitely mean we'll look to bring in a big name manager once the season has finished and there's a more top managers available.

We're not going to bring in a currently contracted manager like Silva or Dyche to finish out the season.

If Unsworth stayed on for the remainder of the season it means they'd prefer him to manager out the season over big Sam. Which I agree with.

More likely Allardyce wants more than 6 months.

What a time to be alive.
Given a choice of the cheap options between Unsy and Coleman, I'd be tempted by Coleman as he's a reasonable Cup manager and we have a large number of Cup finals before the end of the season.

Would still prefer to spend some money and get someone competent though.

image.jpeg
lollollol
Walloped 3 times and a flukey win on Sunday due to Cleverly feeling charitable.

Grounds to give him the job like :blush:

When did he win two games? I hope you're not talking about the last game of the season against a team that was already relegated and was a nothing game.
yea, and it's not really fair to take that Norwich game into consideration but It's also not really fair to completely write him off after 4 games with that shambles of a team

Unsworth is the fall back option and now favourite which I think would be dreadful and the worst possible choice.

Chelsea was always going to be tough, but we were worse than second best at Leicester, dreadful in Lyon and extremely lucky to beat Watford.

Played 4, lost 3, scored 4, conceded 9. Is that is supposed to be our new manager's honeymoon period?

We cant let a fluked win against Watford paper over cracks the size of the Grand Canyon. Even there our first goal was a sub goalkeeper sucide error and the third a blatant pen but nevertheless the defender unlucky to slip into Lennon and then they missed a pen, we just got out of jail.

To me its jobs for the boys and I find that depressing. He's just the puppet for the Walsh, Kenwright Royle clique now running the club.

I remember Terry Connor at Wolves and others since and it's normally a disastrous choice for a struggling team to promote from within, the only possible slight exception being Craig Shakespeare's initial success last season.

Could the manager's job of Everton football club not tempt anybody to the extent we're going with a man whose taken 5 games for the Everton first team? Sad, sad state of affairs.

Small time as you like.

And aside from the fact I think we're just lashing our season in the bin by going with Unsworth, I actually like the fella and don't think he deserves the [Poor language removed] storm that will be coming his way if (when) this goes badly wrong.

An Unsworth appointment could go one of two ways, either he suddenly by magic starts instilling confidence and organisation into players, especially at the back, who have either seen better days or lost a yard of pace, or he continues as he's started and we're really in the mire at Christmas sending out SOS flares for anybody anywhere and on any terms to come and rescue us.

This is my prediction: if Unsworth gets job till end of season, we go down.

Just ignore the fact that he's a blue, and he's sound. Ignore that. Put it in a box for a minute.

He has no pedigree, no experience of managing in top flight never mind a team struggling massively. He has had four games and in every single one, his tactics and team selection have been absolutely atrocious. He has binned off our only form player, Vlasic, inexplicably. He has completely alienated lads struggling to adapt to a new league seemingly writing them off (Klaassen who has played 190 premier league minutes, Sandro who has made about three starts). All the while our "true blue fistpumping manager" insisted on playing his mates and favourites all the time regardless of form, (Rooney, Kenny, Davies). By the way that Kenny is absolutely sh!te, he's an actual toilet brush. But again it's sound cos he is a blue

So he has wrote off Vlasic, Klaassen and Sandro, and fell out with those two gobsh!tes Schneiderlin and Mirallas, which wipes out five players from our squad straight away.

This is the same manager who went into a literal must win game playing Sigurdsson as a lone striker. Sigurdsson ffs! We needed to win and he started no strikers. He is embarrassing. I am not buying any of his phony soundbites about "we are Everton," "our fans are so good", I don't give a flying one how much of a blue he is, he is tactically inept, and completely obtuse in his team selections.

We went away to Leicester, and he decided to play a defence of Jags and Williams with a high line against Vardy and Mahrez, absolutely criminal behaviour, we should have made him walk home after that.

People say, "oh he won the league with the kids." What is that league? No-one targets it, I couldn't tell you the top three from the year we won it, never mind now.

He has had four games and in every one, the selections have been terrible, the tactics even worse. We won one of four, and the win was in spite of Unsworth's selections. Just as a reminder: Unsworth 'rested' players for the Lyon game, where we embarrassed ourselves and the thousands of travelling fans. So, he goes into the must win Watford game starting Rooney left wing, and Sigurdsson right wing. He is a joke, an absolute joke. We were 2 down with 67 minutes gone, and he got out of jail. If he gets the job to the end of the season, we are up the creek without a paddle, or a boat.

But it's sound cos he's a big blue and "he gets us."

Sick of him already.

Status
Not open for further replies.