Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my prediction: if Unsworth gets job till end of season, we go down.

Just ignore the fact that he's a blue, and he's sound. Ignore that. Put it in a box for a minute.

He has no pedigree, no experience of managing in top flight never mind a team struggling massively. He has had four games and in every single one, his tactics and team selection have been absolutely atrocious. He has binned off our only form player, Vlasic, inexplicably. He has completely alienated lads struggling to adapt to a new league seemingly writing them off (Klaassen who has played 190 premier league minutes, Sandro who has made about three starts). All the while our "true blue fistpumping manager" insisted on playing his mates and favourites all the time regardless of form, (Rooney, Kenny, Davies). By the way that Kenny is absolutely sh!te, he's an actual toilet brush. But again it's sound cos he is a blue

So he has wrote off Vlasic, Klaassen and Sandro, and fell out with those two gobsh!tes Schneiderlin and Mirallas, which wipes out five players from our squad straight away.

This is the same manager who went into a literal must win game playing Sigurdsson as a lone striker. Sigurdsson ffs! We needed to win and he started no strikers. He is embarrassing. I am not buying any of his phony soundbites about "we are Everton," "our fans are so good", I don't give a flying one how much of a blue he is, he is tactically inept, and completely obtuse in his team selections.

We went away to Leicester, and he decided to play a defence of Jags and Williams with a high line against Vardy and Mahrez, absolutely criminal behaviour, we should have made him walk home after that.

People say, "oh he won the league with the kids." What is that league? No-one targets it, I couldn't tell you the top three from the year we won it, never mind now.

He has had four games and in every one, the selections have been terrible, the tactics even worse. We won one of four, and the win was in spite of Unsworth's selections. Just as a reminder: Unsworth 'rested' players for the Lyon game, where we embarrassed ourselves and the thousands of travelling fans. So, he goes into the must win Watford game starting Rooney left wing, and Sigurdsson right wing. He is a joke, an absolute joke. We were 2 down with 67 minutes gone, and he got out of jail. If he gets the job to the end of the season, we are up the creek without a paddle, or a boat.

But it's sound cos he's a big blue and "he gets us."

Sick of him already.
Klassen and Sandro have been our worst players this season. He was right not to play them.

Kenny is better than Martina. Playing him persistently is the right thing to do.

Mirallas and Schneiderlin showing a crap attitude in on them, not Unsworth.

I highly doubt Unsworth told Jags and Williams to play a high line against Leicester. Why would he? We were caught on the counter.

He rested players against Lyon, it’s obvious why and I agreed with it.

He can only choose from the players we have. It’s easy to criticise him for his selections but no one could name an ideal 11 because we don’t have one.

I’ve just watched ToffeeTV for the first ever time, they were talking about Fat Sam. What a painful watch, like nails down a chalkboard. So full of themselves.

This is MY prediction. No matter who gets the job, we won't go down.

Hey let's vault each other in April ?????

lol

it never ceases to amaze me that people think other fans actually want their team to fail, just so their random user name can have some credibility. Like I want us to go down, dear me.

Bed......the baby rhino’s are doing my nut in
That confirms it you've been nuts all day, only joking anyone but big Sam will do me within reason your hated for Unsworth is a bit worrying Kendall lost his first five games - he was given a chance any manager should get a chance I feel the delay is hopefully the non trophy winner big Sam we have blown him out!

Klassen and Sandro have been our worst players this season. He was right not to play them.

Kenny is better than Martina. Playing him persistently is the right thing to do.

Mirallas and Schneiderlin showing a crap attitude in on them, not Unsworth.

I highly doubt Unsworth told Jags and Williams to play a high line against Leicester. Why would he? We were caught on the counter.

He rested players against Lyon, it’s obvious why and I agreed with it.

He can only choose from the players we have. It’s easy to criticise him for his selections but no one could name an ideal 11 because we don’t have one.

Ok, my retort.

Kenny is garbage. Being better than Martina is not a qualification. Holgate, who is also poor, is a better defender than him.

Agree with Mirallas and Schneiderlin, but this is why Unsworth shouldn't alienate players. That was my point.

You don't think Unsworth played a high line? So the players disregarded his orders? Even though Unsworth insisted we play on the front foot?

If you read what I said, you would see that I am saying his resting of players was ridiculous considering it was a must win game and he literally wrote it off, and decided to humour the travelling Evertonians by saying 'he was hurting.' Complete Bull, from a phoney playing to the gallery.

And your last point, yes he can only choose from players we have:

Do you think he is in the right to alienate Vlasic, Klaassen and Sandro? I thought our hero was supposed to be this amazingly approachable, honest, down to earth figure?

The only thing Unsworth has going for him is that he's not the corrupt one. Having watched him manage the u23s I always rated him a competent, fairly formulaic manager, certainly not the kind of manager who has the ability to make it to the top. He is adept at coaching young players to the edge of the first team , in this role he is clearly invaluable.
Given he is an Evertonian and a sound bloke, I really wanted him to prove me wrong however so far he has merely confirmed and accentuated my initial sceptism. He seems to be relying on chest beating and running around a lot. His team selections and alienation of certain players especially the impressive Vlasic have been disappointing.
I would like to think if we are confirming him as interim manager it is coupled with the announcement of firm agreement with a quality manager to come in next season ,to at least give us some home of better times to come, but I doubt it.
My biggest fear is that if he continues to struggle it will open the door to the fat maggot to become manager on his terms.

Status
Not open for further replies.