Newcastle United vs Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry but I'm not quite ready to throw Yakubu under the bus just yet.

Funny as after all the Yakubu bashing, I expected to see very little or nothing at all of Yakubu in the Metalist highlights on Everton TV.

On the contrary, and much to my surprise, he was involved quite a bit in some of our attacking plays (none that led to goals however.)

McFadden obviously starts, that's a no brainer. If AJ is healthy, I say he starts only because he's a bit more rested than Yak.

I don't have a problem with Anichebe coming off the bench since he's been effective for us in that role and has produced in that role.

So Yakubu may in fact be the odd man out in the Newcastle game but if AJ isn't ready, I'd start McFadden with Yakubu and continue with Anichebe's success as a "super sub" for the time being.

Sounds about right.

Moyes's policy is not dropping players who are playing well and dropping players who arent playing well.

For that reason I dont expect to see Yakubu, Yobo, Jagielka or Osman in the side.

Who's left?

I'll be shocked if Cars doesn't start - he'll be well rested, and based on what we've seen this season he's still our best holding midfielder at this point.

Moyes's policy is not dropping players who are playing well and dropping players who arent playing well.

For that reason I dont expect to see Yakubu, Yobo, Jagielka or Osman in the side.

Who's left?

i thought ossie did well last night!:eek:

Lescott has made the England squad btw, good on you lad!!

Innnnttteresting dilemma we now have. And would you really want to be in Moyses shoes? Strikers hot and cold, but unlocking the key to the midfield combination is the big question.

HOWARD

HIBBERT LESCOTT STUBBS BAINES

PIENAAR CARSLEY NEVILLE ARTETA

ANICHEBE MCFADDEN

I think the key to this game, more than most is the side Newcastle play, and thats why I put Stubbs in there. Up against Viduka, youve got two seasoned pro's who hopefully can rub each other out. If Owen plays, which he's a chance then you gotta have the Hibbert and Baines pace. N'Zogbia has been playing well so I think Lescott will have a tough day at the office.

Up front Ive gone the Cheeb and McFad, confidence will be brimming and its the best way to wear out the Geordies defence who have only conceded one goal at home in their last four. Injecting Yakubu and a possibly fit AJ into the tiring back four could win it for us.

On the positive side, Vaughn and Cahill to start training this week according to the OS.

I think Newcaslte going forward will be a bit of a handfull, I'm not too convinced with the Newcaslte defence, so could be a few goals in it.

id go with ..

..............howard
..neville yobo lescott baines

pienaar arteta carsley osman

........mcfadden anichebe

i wouldnt play yakubu as he hasnt earnt a place in the starting eleven THE FLAMING GALAR !

one thing for certain is that if we play like we did for 65 minutes against 'the mentalists' newcastle will walk right over us and stuff us good and proper.

history shows though that everton like a good fight against newcastle.

its also silly season for scorelines and a 4-4 draw wouldnt surprise me.

This is the same Newcastle who were beaten by Derby, so there is still hope for us.

In all honesty Alladyce want Joey Farton playing to solidify his midfield, no one has managed to fill that gap so that may make matters a little eaier for us;) .

- - - - - - - Howard

Hibbert - Yobo - Stubbs - Lescott

Arteta - Carsley - Pienaar - Baines

- - - - Anichebe - Mcfadden

Bench - Wessels, Jagielka, Neville, Osman, Yakubu

Lescott is better at left back imo, and baines is better than osman opn the left wing, Anichebe has a good record against newcastle and he deserves to play anyway, same with mcfadden.

posted the same on another thread. I think Baines came on and played on the left wing in the metalist game didn't he?

I reckon it will be 1-1 and with our midfield being so poor this season i would put 5 in there to give it more strength.
my team depending on injuries

howard

neville yobo stubbs lescott

arteta osman carsley pienaar baines

mcfadden

subs wessells anichebe hibbert yakubu vdm

Status
Not open for further replies.