Newcastle United vs Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
why is it our goals we score via team play

today and in games past the opposition score via defensive stupidity.

not to say artetas goal today was genius, but, look at reading , look at blackburn, three mistakes today.

whats happening.

.Today's result certainly wasn't unexpected, the majority of predictions gave a defeat. having watched the game on the box tonight I'm less dispirited now than I was at the final whistle because we did put together some nice moves, especially in the second half.

Most identify the defensive errors that continue, even Joelon was woefully guilty of a basic howler today. With this break we must work like mad on sorting these frailties out, if we don't we'll be also rans by Christmas. I feel sure that we will get it sorted even if it means resorting to a five man back line, a desperate measure for a desperate situation y)

Are the BBC trying to get back on big Sam's good side by editing the match for MotD so it looks like it was all Newcastle? I watched MotD this morning and then a recording of the game on Football First on Sky, where I was able to get a more balanced view.

Considering the team got back to blighty at 5am on Friday, I was pleased to see how comfortable we were for most of the second half. As for their goals: in the first half, when Butt eventually got a yellow card it should have been his second, thus eliminating their first one; Emre should already have been deported, thus eliminating their second one, and Stubbsy should have been on instead of Joey, thus eliminating Owen's shouldered one.

So, I make it we won 2-0 and are 5th, just behind the [Poor language removed] on goal difference ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Are the BBC trying to get back on big Sam's good side by editing the match for MotD so it looks like it was all Newcastle? I watched MotD this morning and then a recording of the game on Football First on Sky, where I was able to get a more balanced view.

Considering the team got back to blighty at 5am on Friday, I was pleased to see how comfortable we were for most of the second half. As for their goals: in the first half, when Butt eventually got a yellow card it should have been his second, thus eliminating their first one; Emre should already have been deported, thus eliminating their second one, and Stubbsy should have been on instead of Joey, thus eliminating Owen's shouldered one.

So, I make it we won 2-0 and are 5th, just behind the [Poor language removed] on goal difference ;)

Lovely post Pete, we had more possession so that endorses your suspicion mate, stick with Sky;)

I thought Neville played a lot better, didnt hoof it so much and played lots of good passing balls along the ground. Nothing special, but better from him.

Its also great that AJ finally scored but him going for an operation just sets that back unfortunately. Just when we were hoping for the Cahill Johnson combo again, this [Poor language removed] happens!

But Vaughan should also be back very soon which makes for brilliant news.

Our defense is just shocking for some reason, lack of concentration and too many errors. Time for a wake-up call.

my lad went , and said while we werent brilliant , we were still in the game at 1-1 with ten mins left and their crowd startin to get on case . however , the sub of leon and not our record signing said moyes was happy with a point . granted that 2nd one was a belter , but the third was a debacle , and , as it went , if it hadntve gone in , wedve got the [Poor language removed] point anyway . still , not
the end of the world , as long as we have a proper shake up prior to oct 20 . lcab

Expected result ?

It is amazing how many times,teams have a poor result after a midweek trip to Europe.Blackburn had a poor result at home against Portsmouth and with Everton's being a particularly emotional and physical occasion I was hardly surprised.The defensive mistakes even from Lescott were unbelievable.Yes we were 5 mins.from a draw but the defence was run ragged during the week and DM had better get the confidence restored soon, as, with the AJ injury and Yaks not yet performing we are going to need some big defensive efforts over the next few weeks.

Still the defensive problems persist, leaking goals and seems like nothing can stop them from flooding in.

The defence needs a kick up the arse, should do the trick! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.