New season- Hopes, ambitions and predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ross living up to his potential and bagging about 10-15 would be nice. If your attacking mid does that you're more than likely finishing top 4. Getting really far in the Europa. At least 2 new youngsters getting game time and proving themselves. Coming top 5 again.

I'll be very surprised if we finish higher than 7th next season. Martinez isn't stupid and he knows that our best chance of qualifying for the champions league is to win the Europa League so I think that will be the priority.

Sevilla won the Europa league last but they aren't qualified for the champions league are they?

I hope for a top 6 finish, try and make it to the Europa final (Bring on Poland). Hopefully we get some good draws for the FA cup so we can get to Wembley, not arsed about the COC.

Aiden McGeady is going to be boss this season, i'm telling you. Conor McAleny is clearly going to be used often so im excited to see him, hopefully bag 5-10 goals!

I'll go for

League: 7th
FA Cup: 5th Round
League Cup: QF's
Europa League: QF

and that that we'll sign Donovan and Jo on loan....

oh wait, Moyes left last year.... GONNA WIN THE LEAGUEEEE

It's hard to say until we know what our squad will be like in terms of quality and depth. Seasons where an outsider breaks the top 4 are rare and usually depend on one or two of the traditional elite being in the midst of a bad transition, so I imagine it will be harder for us to trouble the Champions League spots this year.

I would be happy with top 7 and some silverware. A good European run would be nice, just to see us in some midweek action. I have a lot of faith in Martinez, but with limited resources, a resurgent United and the potential for Spurs to actually not be a joke this time, I can't see us still fighting for CL when April rolls around, but it will be a good season nonetheless.

Hard to say at the moment @micknick mate?

All depends on how this summer goes and so far not well! But plenty of time to fix?

I long for another trip to Wembley if I'm honest?

Last edited:

1. Make the finals in the cups.
2. Battling for top 4.
3. Drawn against Motherwell in Europa League so I can see Everton and still be home in time for tea.
4. A home derby win, an away derby draw.

Hit all 4 and I'll be a happy chappy.

In 2 minds here, if we had the exact same squad as last season and then a couple of quality additions and the injured players back then there's every reason to think we could scrape champions league or maybe a cup but we are Everton and major boat misses, i predict 8th to 5th with no silverware

It's gonna be hard as ever to get into top 4, as Liverpool is spending big time. European League will not help us to get a go at top 4. But we have Roberto, anything can happen

It's gonna be hard as ever to get into top 4, as Liverpool is spending big time. European League will not help us to get a go at top 4. But we have Roberto, anything can happen

To be honest, I'm not too concerned about Liverpool. I have a feeling they might get a case of Gareth Bale syndrome thinking that the loss of Suarez can be compensated for with 2 or 3 good signings. Suarez is a complete sh*t, but he has that rare ability of turning games single-handedly, not to mention his goal output which will be incredibly difficult to replace. They might struggle in comparison to last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.