New season- Hopes, ambitions and predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

micknick

Player Valuation: £70m
Dont know about you lot but I cannot wait for the new season to get going. The shiny new kit, the new first 11 whoever may be included in it, Roberto pointing to the sky in celebration and the opportunity of being top of the table after the first day of games.

But I was just thinking what are peoples hopes for the season- top 4? a cup? Europa league success?

I personally believe we could have a solid go at the Europa league and offer great experience for this developing squad to show in Europe what they can do.

I think there could be big seasons from the obvious- Stones, Barkley and McCarthy but I also have a feeling that if we keep Mirallas he too could prove to be a big player for us after a bit of an indifferent season last year. Add to that I really have a feeling over McGeady- he showed flashes last year but a full preseason and more months of playing with the squad I think he could be one of the real surprises in teh league next season.

If last season showed us anything its what a difference a striker can make that can bag even if chances are few and far between- whether that be Lukaku, Bony or A.N. Other I believe Martinez will get someone in of a similar ilk and with Kone providing reinforcements when fit this could be a continuation from last season.

Its in midfield where I think we could really dominate teams- McCarthy is an absolute dynamo and if we can sign someone who can unlock a defence while still providing cover- a Defour or a Fredy Guarin type player in there with him as well as hopefully Barry providing additional cover we could really boss games in that position.

In terms of where we'll end up I would say top 5 again with a trophy- whether that be the league cup, FA cup or Europa I dont know, just a feeling I have.

What says you?

I'll be very surprised if we finish higher than 7th next season. Martinez isn't stupid and he knows that our best chance of qualifying for the champions league is to win the Europa League so I think that will be the priority.

We have zero chance of the League so I'd really want us to lift some Silverware. League Cup, FA Cup or Europa league any would be amazing and i'd like to think any are within our grasp.

article-2598680-1CE21BB000000578-426_634x445.jpg

More days like Arsenal at home.

A derby win. Ideally a double. A great run in Europe - semi's at least. Winning the whole thing being the goal.

If I could pick a perfect season (assuming we can't win a quadruple) it would probably be: Win Europa, Top 6 in the League, good cup runs, new stadium sorted out.

But mostly I just want more of the boss feelings that I got this season when we went on that 8 straight win streak. Just feeling every week like we'll sort it out and do something ace.

Reactions: obc
I reckon we will finish around 5th but we will dominate Europa and pile all of the focus on that. A cup would be nice so hopefully some luck in the draw will help us out, either will do!

Champions League outcome whether that be through winning Europa or League position. Have to improve on last season. I'd accept a Cup win as an alternative.

Think youve hit the nail on the head there bud........hopefully we will bring someone in to take us up another level and the young lads are just gonna get better and better.

Like you said another top 5 finish and a trophy is the dream, but a couple of Wembley trips would be good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.