New season- Hopes, ambitions and predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking about it more, I really want people, the media, average fans, radio shows, the general public to start to take us seriosuly, and treat us with the respect I think we deserve.

No more pluky little Everton please.

I wouldn't say wining the Europa is much easier than finishing 4th tbh.

The calibre of teams that drop down from the champions league is usually strong. A Merseyside derby European game is a major possibility I feel.

Ross becoming Lampard esque and banging in 20 goals... Top 4... semi finalists in Europa and at least 1 cup

Sod the League Cup, give the FA Cup a decent go but who cares if we don't win, it'll be there next year - but all focus should be on the Europa League. Win that, and we're in the CL (and no 4th place shenanigans to ruin it). Plus, we'd have won the Europa League. Right now, I'd take that over the FA Cup (just about).

Just being in contention for something (anything) going into the last week of the season would be enough for me, be that a Cup final or European place of any variety.

It's going to be a lot tougher next season because a lot of people will have spent a lot of money improving.

1st, until it isn't possible, and then 2nd...

I go into it hoping we can win the league. I won't be devastated if/when this stops being possible.

I would be very pleased with any trophy or a Champions League sport obtained in any way - but preferably via winning the Europa.

I'd really like a good run in the Europa, and to continue to develop as a team. I think we still need to develop that ability to win games when there is a real expectation to do so. We've shown we can match the big teams in the league, I'd like to see us do so when the chips are down. Plus of course, figure out a way of seeing off the lesser teams that park the bus.

I'm not going to predict a league placing as you never know how other teams will do (like last season - record points tally but still no 4th spot). If we can do the above though I reckon we'll have an ace season.

Can't wait.

Priorities for me would be:
1. A trophy (most likely to come from a domestic cup if possible)
2. A good run in Europe (don't know precisely what to expect/demand)
3. Win the derby.
4. 66 points or more from the league.

Preparing to be disappointed on 1 and 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.