New Everton Stadium Discussion

I think you need to get in touch with Dan Meis, Peel, Everton FC, Liverpool City Council, Merseytravel and a few other people and point out that it has all been a terrible, terrible mistake. It's obviously a ridiculous place to build a stadium and most likely hundreds (possibly thousands) of people will be late for the kick off in August 2025. Why didn't they all realise? Damn!!!
What a strange reply.

I merely suggested that the current transport is inadequate and should be addressed.

If it's all addressed in August 2025 then that's great, but currently it isn't.

Mate there is 1 road from the Stadium, the Soccer busses won't be moving.

And what are people meant to do for night games when public transport is limited? They are going to drive, lots of people come after work, before work.

It's not just Mondeo man who will use a car.
I immediately pictured Dyche when I read that!

What a strange reply.

I merely suggested that the current transport is inadequate and should be addressed.

That is what I suggested. The reason why public transport provision to that part of Liverpool is poor at the moment (and has been for decades) is because it does not YET need to be any good. There is nothing there but a building site. The need comes about when we move. Do you think they should be changing bus routes, closing roads, adding train carriages, building more bus shelters already? I think you suggested traffic Armageddon WHEN it opens, regardless.

What a strange reply.

I am reasonably sure that access, to and from the ground, would have been in the planning permission stuff. Heavens only knows what that was though.

That is what I suggested. The reason why public transport provision to that part of Liverpool is poor at the moment (and has been for decades) is because it does not YET need to be any good. There is nothing there but a building site. The need comes about when we move. Do you think they should be changing bus routes, closing roads, adding train carriages, building more bus shelters already? I think you suggested traffic Armageddon WHEN it opens, regardless.
I was thinking more about doing something about the roads, expanding them and such.

I have spent some time down there and it's really not a great place movement wise.

But I guess a few extra buses will solve all that.

Did the walk with my brother in law, and nephew yesterday.

Look's ace.

Downside= paid over £20 for 3 pint's of mediocre Guinness in the Titanic hotel bar.

:pint2::pint2::pint2:
As a non drinker, isn't it the same the world over, or does the taste differ from place to place.
I highly recommend seeing the stadium up close and personal, the pictures are great but they don't fully do it justice.

As a non drinker, isn't it the same the world over, or does the taste differ from place to place.
I highly recommend seeing the stadium up close and personal, the pictures are great but they don't fully do it justice.

With Guinness, the quality and taste can really differ, and hotels tend to be poor.

This is one of the best pubs for the black beer in Liverpool.

southern-comfort-70cl-500x500.jpg