New Everton Stadium Discussion

Whole place will be gridlock, they really need to get the transport sorted ASAP.
Not really. They need to get the public transport sorted our for August 2025 when the first match is played there. That's still 20 months away. Soccerbuses from various points eg from several locations in the city centre will go a long way towards getting people to and from the new stadium.

Not really. They need to get the public transport sorted our for August 2025 when the first match is played there. That's still 20 months away. Soccerbuses from various points eg from several locations in the city centre will go a long way towards getting people to and from the new stadium.

In transport terms, the relative proximity to the city centre and the Northern Line is the main saving grace of this site. Everyone in the city region has access to public transport serving the city centre.... however, bridging the gaps between existing hubs and services and the stadium is the key issue, because the site itself has little to no existing services less than 1 km away.

We need both soccerbuses AND freed up dedicated lanes for them to operate effectively in. Without the latter and a significant modal shift to public transport, they are as gridlocked as all the other traffic and cannot shift the numbers of people required. They also need quick turn arounds, as there isn't an unlimited number of buses/drivers available. A quick turnaround could be achieved along the Dock Rd/Great Howard St corridors, taking people to/from the edge of the city centre, if those roads become bus only routes.... perhaps with a few buses serving Lime St station only.... but that would incur a much longer turnaround time.

Hopefully, in the future a dedicated trackless tram could serve the site to give greater connectivity with the city centre. A new station at Vauxhall was part of the original plans. This would go a long way towards better marshalling of fans post match.

It's worth pointing out, as @Tom Hughes has mentioned, that it's not just about putting on more buses.

Fans approach and leave Goodison on all points of the compass. People who are driving park around Goodison in a radius of 1, 2, 3 miles and walk in. Others catch buses approaching from every direction, or get the train.

Being on the river, Bramley-Moore has pretty much half the approach angles of Goodison.

That's a huge bottleneck - especially when you consider there will be a third more fans approaching on half as much land.

Personally, I think match day traffic is going to be an absolute nightmare.

Fellas, I said Soccerbuses "will go a long way" to solve the transport issue and I think they will. I am not discounting other methods of getting there, train, walking, private car and the other obvious one, 5 seater black cabs from pubs in the city centre.

I think people need to be discouraged from taking the car as much as possible. I really don't envisage match day traffic being "an absolute nightmare". You'd have to be a hard core Mondeo Man to insist on driving and parking provided there are other options.

Fellas, I said Soccerbuses "will go a long way" to solve the transport issue and I think they will. I am not discounting other methods of getting there, train, walking, private car and the other obvious one, 5 seater black cabs from pubs in the city centre.

I think people need to be discouraged from taking the car as much as possible. I really don't envisage match day traffic being "an absolute nightmare". You'd have to be a hard core Mondeo Man to insist on driving and parking provided there are other options.
Mate there is 1 road from the Stadium, the Soccer busses won't be moving.

And what are people meant to do for night games when public transport is limited? They are going to drive, lots of people come after work, before work.

It's not just Mondeo man who will use a car.

There are fewer roads, fewer directions to approach from and more fans.

It's got nothing to do with whether everyone drives or not.

I looked on Google Earth regarding the roads etc, but what immediately smacked me in the eye was the difference in size of GP to the Pit. The difference is even more so when comparing either of them to BMD….

1704295953510.jpeg

Am starting a drone taxi service to the ground.
I didn't realise drones had got to the point that they could carry passengers!! They must have set you back a fair bit of cash! The licences alone would be a fortune.
To infinity and beyond Baz Lightyear said.

@Noggsy blue
Is he a cheap Korean Knock-off of the popular movie franchise?

Mate there is 1 road from the Stadium, the Soccer busses won't be moving.

And what are people meant to do for night games when public transport is limited? They are going to drive, lots of people come after work, before work.

It's not just Mondeo man who will use a car.

I think you need to get in touch with Dan Meis, Peel, Everton FC, Liverpool City Council, Merseytravel and a few other people and point out that it has all been a terrible, terrible mistake. It's obviously a ridiculous place to build a stadium and most likely hundreds (possibly thousands) of people will be late for the kick off in August 2025. Why didn't they all realise? Damn!!!