New Everton Stadium Discussion

I ont want it there at all.

It's a new stadium for the 21st century, so let's leave the past where it is.

The whole thing was that daft yank's idea trying to ingratiate himself with the tragical history tour element of our fans - who speak for about 40 people.
I think you will find you are the only Everton fan in the world who objects to it.

...On the other hand, I would have loved to have seen some of the blue and white Leitch designs on the risers or at the front of the stands. That to me IS Everton. It's a big part of our identity and would have helped with the continuity from Goodison to BMD.
I think this would look amazing, and am holding out hope they'll do it for the front of the upper tiers.

Dave I truly believe, only you could find a negative in that :)Dan done us proud.,

I think you will find you are the only Everton fan in the world who objects to it.

It's backward looking and ridiculous.

Just let go of the past. That criss-cross pattern was a bit of structural engineering to make sure a grandstand didn't collapse on people. That's it.

Leitch would probably piss himself laughing at the ridiculous fetishisation of his design.

I ont want it there at all.

It's a new stadium for the 21st century, so let's leave the past where it is.

The whole thing was that daft yank's idea trying to ingratiate himself with the tragical history tour element of our fans - who speak for about 40 people.
He's certainly not daft, after all he designed it!

He's certainly not daft, after all he designed it!

I don't like the design. I never have. It looks like an unholy hybrid between futuristic and early industrial. For me it doesn't work and all that 'wave' cobblers was exactly that: cobblers.

The stadium will look great though because of its setting. This has always been about location.

I don't like the design. I never have. It looks like an unholy hybrid between futuristic and early industrial. For me it doesn't work and all that 'wave' cobblers was exactly that: cobblers.

The stadium will look great though because of its setting. This has always been about location.
If it wasn’t our stadium the fans would definitely pick more holes and find more faults in it. The only bit I don’t like so far is the false brick look, but we put up with the corrugated iron look of Goodison for his knows how long before Moshiri tidied it up.

What are your thoughts on the paving with blue glass in over the ‘exposed’ bit of the old dock and its supposed nod to the water that used to be there?

I’m not overly turned on by the criss cross brick work if I’m honest, but it certainly doesn’t offend me. I think the brick facade needed something break it up a bit more and what he’s designed is subtle enough to do that.
If I’d never heard / seen Leitchs design I’d still be satisfied with it just as a subtle detail to the cladding.