New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the likelihood of it being Benitez recedes with every passing hour, just as Nuno's "imminent" coronation did.

I could see our board announcing Rafael during the England-Scotland match for damage limitation purposes, but if it goes beyond today the veracity of Jim White's scoop - and Sky's "understanding" - can be called into increasing question.

All still to play for from what I can see.

Compared to Moyes , he had a much bigger spend mate
I didn't compare him to Moyes. Not denying the work Moyes did with the spare change under the seats at Goodison. Remarkable really, even considering the market changes since then. Just saying RM didn't have the financial freedom to go after the right players as much as managers after him have, and despite what some seem to suggest.

You mean Carlo who was a disaster, James who is a walking injury and Bramley Moore which is still a dock full of water, not too observant you mate.
Mate, every fan was buzzing when the three things were announced, Mosh got them all for us. If carlo and james didnt work out, it aint mosh fault. Our fans are just moany ungrateful gits

I've a feeling they'll go with Dunc on a short term contract.

This could actually be a sensible option.

If the idea is to build a young squad replace some of the dead wood, and Brands is going to be overseeing that in the long run, and if there is no ideal candidate available, then appointing Ferguson initially on an interim basis to see how it goes, while keeping the feelers out for a long term successor, might be as good an option as any other.

If that means keeping our options open and appointing someone in November or January, then so be it. There's no restrictions in appointing a manager outside of a transfer window. Getting things settled and ready for the return in a couple of weeks time, and focusing on the here and now could be a way to go. If the long term plan is truly in place, I don't see why it would matter in waiting a couple of months. The upside is, if we are doing well, Ferguson is proving himself and gaining much valued experience. If we are not doing so well, then are looking to appoint someone anyway.

The sooner this drawn out process has some form of conclusion and doesn't continue to be dragged through the media with daily guess work and bullsh*t twitter rumours the better. It would allow us to focus on the task at hand and hopefully put an end to the pressure bubbling under the surface.

Appointing Benitez could break the bond between many fans and the club. As a season ticket holder for many years I don't think I have ever felt so let down by the club. Yes, we have the disappointment of losing big games, losing our best players, etc, but we can live with that. But this is unforgivable. I for one won't be bothered anymore whether we win or lose. I'll just be waiting for the day he is sacked but the hatred and the anger which will precede that inevitable outcome will be unbearable and I will be staying away from it. But I doubt I'll ever feel the same way about the club which could so arrogantly ignore the feelings of its fans and instead slaps us in the face in this way.

Luis Figo won titles with Barcelona & Real Madrid. Sol Campbell went from Spurs to Arsenal. Mo Johnston played for Celtic & Rangers. Dennis Law played from Man Utd and is a Man Utd Legend, and then went on to play for Man City, and while playing for Man City he scored the winning goal against Man Utd, which relegated Man Utd. People are allowed to join there arch rivals.

Status
Not open for further replies.