Negativity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you not remember under Moyes, every season we started slow but always finished between 5th-8th.

We are renowned for having better 2nd halfs to season

Things just haven't clicked yet. Still paying for individual errors in each game, but sooner or later we will give someone a real pumping and we will go on a good run. Despite being poor in the first half today, we could easily have got a draw or even won the game, so we are not far from getting in our groove again.

- We have a squad that was never as strong as many thought it was
- We have a clutch of injuries to key players

That said,

- The key players will be back soon
- The manager will start finding his touch again (I sense he has a crisis of confidence atm too)

I cant say I'm too surprised it went this way what with the squad and injuries. What has surprised me though is the manager's performance. He had a poor transfer window in neglecting obvious weaknesses - in central defence, especially; in the absence of Barkley alone early in the season he's pretty much rearranged the furniture in terms of how we play and approach games instead of drafting in maybe Mirallas to slot into the Barkley role and ay least try and keep our shape; and he's made a few barmy decisions in-game with substitutes. I'm genuinely shocked at how hopeless this feller's been, because he looks a great prospect.

We've stalled this season. It's a right-off as far as I'm concerned. Hopefully we make a fist of it in the FA Cup, but the rest of this season is only going to be of use in terms of putting Martinez through a a steep learning curve. I think we should be looking for signs that he's weathered a storm and come through it with his head cleared ready for next season.

Is a Chain Chomp really a boss though? He's more of your standard bad guy, on the level of a Goomba
chainchompboss.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.