Naismith? Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never warmed to him. He was signed whilst I was away and I've never felt lke I've bonded with him. I felt that about Mirallas aswell but he's just far too sexy and now I heart him.

Naismith is pretty gash.

He's looked pretty gash every time I've seen him. Might be a combination of fitness and confidence so I'll give him time before writing him off.

I think they're both factors either way.

We've been spoilt of late with signings hitting the ground running (Jelavic, Mirallas, Pienaar) but you can't expect that with everyone. Especially someone who'd been out injured for a while.

So far he does indeed look absolutely awful, but let's give him time.

He's a smart player who can pick a through ball and score goals, those traits aren't very common so I'm willing to give him time to bed in because it can't be easy coming back from a major injury and going from playing in a pretty poor league to the best in the world. We've got a player in Naismith, it's just a question of whether he'll bed in rather than questioning his footballing ability.

another simon davies dont rate him one little bit, he would suit in a team like reading or wolves or something like that but just not RIGHT for our squad style

Koff lad. I said nowt of the sort. That was Goat and I'm not going to argue with Goat cos he's significantly bigger than me.

Please try to get your facts right

*goes off in a huff

Hahaha brilliant.

Naismith is a strange one, he looks like a good player playing gash as opposed to a gash player playing gash.

There's gotta be a decent squad player in there, he just needs to start controlling and passing better.

Since this is his first season, I'd be fine to let him settle. I'm more surprised people haven't picked up on Pienaar's performances of late, never as comfortable on the ball and has been sloppier with his passing than he's ever been. I wonder if it's a matter of him feeling overshadowed by Mirallas at the moment. He craves the creative hub but hasn't really shown it of late.

He also has a face you feel sorry for. He's like the anti-Mirallas.
Probably because I can't look at him without thinking of Whitey from Me Myself and Irene..
mmi25.jpg

His off the ball movement was the thing that bugged me most yesterday BUT I think you can tell he's still adjusting. I like what TX Bill said, good squad player. However, with Mirallas going down we are likely going to have to start him on the wing and that makes my stomach churn right now to be honest. He's a good sub when we are protecting a lead. Starter? Not sure.

Not ready to write him off yet, but he's sitting firmly at "meh" levels right about now.

As a wide midfielder, he's shown the creativity of Tony Hibbert.

He probably belongs in the middle further up the pitch, but we don't need him there.

Still, as noted above, he provides a certain amount of depth.

doesn't suit our style of play his passing and control of the game will have to improve dramatically if he is to be a part of this Everton team

Status
Not open for further replies.